Chapter 6: Sore Loser

When we arrived, I got out of Flynn's car and kind of just stood there, gawking at Eugene's house. I don't even think it was a house, considering how big it was. It was more like a manor, or a mansion.   

   The entire house was stone, and seemed to have three parts; the front, and two other sections attached to it on either side. The front door were double doors, and in front of it were two ginormous white pillars holding up what seemed to be a balcony for a room that looked out the entire drive way and front yard. The drive way it self was circular, surrounding a flowing fountain, and the front of the house was lined with well trimmed shrubs and bushes. 

   After about two minutes of letting me gape, Flynn grabbed my arm and dragged me-affably-to the front door, ringing the doorbell. We were about five minutes late, and inside I could hear shouts and laughter of kids. 

   "This place is huge," I told Flynn.

   "Yeah, the Colands got some serious cash in their pockets." He replied, ringing the doorbell again when no one answered. "I don't think they can hear us." Right at that moment, footsteps came running to the door.

   I smirked at him, "Patience is virtue."

   He rolled his eyes, but was smiling. "Yeah, what ever."

   The door opened, revealing a beaming Eugene, who was dressed up as a pirate, Hook. "You guys came!" He cried happily.

   Grinning, Flynn stepped in and picked Eugene up, throwing him up and catching him like you'd do to a baby. "We'd never miss you're sixth birthday party!" He exclaimed, putting him down and ruffling his hair while Eugene laughed. The sight was so cute, I couldn't but smile.

   Reasons To Smile #7: Eugene's reactions around Flynn.

   You sure it's Eugene's reactions around Flynn, or the other way around? Commented a very annoying voice. Scowling, I turned around to see Life, leaning against the wooden frame of the front door. Not feeling like arguing with him, I slammed the door in his face, then turned back around and ruffled Eugene's hair too, saying happy birthday to him.

   "Come on," he said excitedly, grabbing my hand and Flynn's with his other, dragging us both across his ginormous, beautiful house, and into the kitchen, where a bunch of other kids and several adults were already situated on the long glass counter. 

   There seemed to be about six or seven kids, and I was surprised to see that there were actually a couple kids from school that I knew, and a bunch of moms too. 

   "What's up," Flynn said, going to two of the guys I'd recognized from school. There was also another girl that seemed familiar, but from where, I could'nt really tell. I followed after Flynn, towards the two boys and girl. 

   "Hey, Flynn." One of them said, and the other one nodded. The girl smiled and said hi too, then looked at me. "Hey, Peyton." She said, smiling at me. I smiled back, embarrassed that I didn't know her name even though I was pretty sure we had biology together. 

   "Hi..." I trailed off, unsure. 

   "Holly," Flynn whispered into my ear.

   "...Holly," I recovered. "You have biology with me, right?"

   Holly nodded. She seemed to be dressed as some type of video game character, who though, I had no clue. I wasn't a big fan of video games. 

   I turned to Flynn's other friends, who were introduced as Cole and Messy.

   "Messy? That's not your real name, is it?" I couldn't help asking.

   "Nope," He said. He didn't try to explain any further, so I didn't bother asking why he was called that. I found it cool as I watched all three of the boys talk, they seemed in perfect sync, if that even made sense. Cole, the tallest of the three, had black, straight hair, blue eyes, and white skin, not exactly pale but not a lot of color either. Then there was Flynn, who was maybe an inch shorter than Cole, and his had brown, wavy hair, chocolate brown eyes, and had a light natural tan. And lastly, Messy, who was the shortest of them all, but of course way was taller than me. He was probably around 5'9, and had curly, sandy blonde hair, and beach tan skin.