Chapter 24: Because Of Me

Peyton's POV:

   This was all my fault.

   It doesn't matter what anyone told me, I was completely the one to blame. If I hadn't been yelling at Flynn, he would've seen the dog, and none of this would've happened. I wouldn't be crying my eyes out for the past two days, and Flynn wouldn't be in the hospital with a bunch of machines connected to him. 

   The car accident was bad. The doctors used words that my brain was too tired to even try and comprehend, but basically he knocked his head pretty badly, and it did some pretty bad damage. 

   The doctors said it shouldn't affect his memory in any way, but they could only really be sure when he woke up. 

   Except to use the bathroom and grab something to eat, I haven't moved from my spot beside Flynn's hospital bed since the day it happened, and no one's made me. I haven't been doing much these past two days except cry, either. I haven't cried this much since Aunt Pink died. 

    The day Aunt Pink died...the same day I made a bet with Life. That had been a year ago, and now this is where I was. Where we were. 

   Ahhh, yes, he appeared right beside me, sitting on the edge of Flynn's bed. 

   I didn't say anything to him-I was too tired to say anything, even if I had wanted too.

   My, my, dear. You don't look to appealing at the moment. Have you been crying? 

   I wanted to punch him, throw something at him, anything to make him go away, but I just stared. 

   Yes, yes...I think you have. Which reminds me. I'm winning, darling.

   Reason To Cry #99: Flynn in the hospital...because of me.

   The smile he gave made me shiver, and brought me back enough to say...

   "I hate you."

   Life sighed. Yes, I tend to get that a lot. You people are so pathetic. 

   I narrowed my eyes at him, "What?"

   You really are, Life said. You people take everything for granted. You never appreciate anything I give you.

   I opened my mouth to argue back, but he cut me off. 

   Think of everything good that happened to you. What about all of those things, darling? Do you hate me for that? What ever happened to you, what ever happened to Flynn, you deserved. You brought upon yourself. 

   When Flynn first came back, I told you not to hold a grudge. But you didn't listen to me. You took everything good you got from Life, but you still held on to that grudge. 

   "No, I didn't," I said, near tears. 

   Yes, you did. You may think you had banished it, but really all you did was bury it deep down as it grew bigger and bigger. You tried to hide everything that you felt about Flynn from yourself. You were in denial for so long, and when it came down to it, Flynn paid the price. 

   I stared at him. Was he right? Had I really just been mad at Flynn this entire time? "What do you want from me?" I asked. 

   What do I want from you, Peyton Brooks? I want you to appreciate everything in life, whether big or small. I want you to appreciate everything that happens to you, no matter what form it comes in. Because there are so many people that love and care about you, and you think you've got problems when really, you're just creating problems for yourself. Your life isn't complicated, you make it complicated. 

   I want you to realize that so many people have it way worse off than you, including Flynn. You don't know anything that's happened to him, or anyone around you for that matter. You're too caught up in your own 'problems' too care. 

   You know what I want from you, Peyton Brooks? I want you to not just live your life. I want you to love it. 

Hey guys! Omg 2016 IS COMING IN 3 DAYS!!!! I HAVE 3 DAYS TO FINISH THIS BOOK!!! :OOOOO

BUT, I BELIEVE I CAN DO IT, GUYS!!! I LOVE YOUR SUPPORT AND I WAS SO HAPPY THAT I STILL GOT VIEWS AND LIKES ON THE CHAPTERS I POSTED BEFORE!!! THNX SO MUCH!!!

And I swear I didn't just ditch this book for 8 days, I HAVE A LEGITIMATE EXCUSE (I think). 

I was on vacation for 5 days at FLORIDA (which was awesome omg lol), but then MY FLIGHT GOT CANCELLED AND I GOT STUCK IN FLORIDA!!! 

So now I'm down to three days...

Please show your support guys!! Comment, like, follow, and share:))))