Chapter 14: Just From Offering A Friend A Ride

Leave it to me to be mugged by a bunch of macho guys, when all I did was offer a friend a ride.

"Look-" I started, but was cut off with the gun being pressed harder into my temple.

I pressed my lips together, watching his finger on the trigger. My forehead broke out in sweat, and I had to force myself not to just run away then and there. In any second, that guy could just pull the trigger, and that would be the end of me.

"I said shut up." The guy snarled. I looked at him, getting a quick view of him and his fellows, before focusing back on the gun and how I could escape.

The guy that was holding the gun to my head look about thirty some, was a bit taller than me, and definitely buffer. He was tan and had a couple tattoos on his arm, but besides that he literally looked like any normal guy you'd walk past by on the streets.

"Give me your keys, and don't say a word." He said. I slowly, very very slowly, drew my keys out of my pocket.

"Hurry up," He growled, looking around, as if he was expecting someone to come around the corner any second. I hoped someone would come around the corner. There was no way I was giving this crazy guy my beautiful car keys.

I mean yeah, my life depended on them, but do you know how long I had to work for this baby? A very long time.

"Okay, okay, no need to rush me." I said, but then stopped. "If I give you my keys, you'll let me go?"

The man looked like he wanted to kill me, and I'm pretty sure he was debating whether or not he should, because he definitely had the capability to.

"Yes, now give me the *bleep*ing keys." He half-shouted.

Okay, I seemed to really be pissing this guy off, and I'd barely said anything. I looked at his two friends, but they weren't doing anything. They looked, if anything, amused at their friend's struggle to get the car keys from me. And really, none of them looked threatening.

I once again looked at his finger on the trigger, and realized that it was trembling. This seemed to be his first time ever holding a gun to someone's head, and I had a feeling that he wouldn't actually shoot me, even if I attacked him.

His friends, on the other hand...they looked dangerous enough to kill. Maybe this was some kind of test for him. Maybe they were all part of some gang, and the guy with the gun wanted in, so he had to go through some kind of test and this was his test. I just happened to be the unlucky victim.

"Okay," I said, then handed him my key chain that consisted of at least ten keys. Little did the guy know, I had slipped out the car key while slowly taking it out of my pocket. Admit it, that takes skill.

The man yanked the key chain out of my hand, then lowered the gun from my head, going through the keys.

I took the chance and darted away, in the opposite direction of the hooligans, and ran as fast as I could.

They didn't even bother running after me, but I knew they soon would when they realize that the car key wasn't among the ten other ones I'd given them.

 Dang it, I thought as I ran. I had my house keys in there...and Peyton's...and my rabbit's foot...and that ring Peyton had gotten me for my 13th birthday.

 I'll have to get that chain back later...somehow. But for now? I called the police.

I told them where I was and they told me they'd be there as soon as possible, just stay put and stay hidden.

So that's what I did, stayed hidden in the shadows, but then it dawned to me. The guys definitely realized by now that they don't have the keys, and they're probably looking for me. But once they hear the police sirens, they'll run away, and there's no way I'm letting that happen.

These guys tried to mug me, they held a gun to my head, and I'm not going to let them get away with it.

I had to come up with a plan to get them to stay put, just until the police arrived.

 Think Flynn, think.

They're armed men, and maybe willing to kill. I really didn't want to take the chance to find out.

So how do I outsmart them? After a couple seconds of wracking my brain cells, I came up with a very sloppy plan.

Quietly going back to where my car and the three guys were, I watched as two of the guys yelled at the one that had held the gun to me.

"How could you be so stupid?" One of them yelled. "Forget being accepted! You obviously can't do anything, you stupid *beep* *beep*!"

"The damn boy slipped it out, how was I supposed to know?" The guy yelled back. "Besides, it's not like I'd actually let him get away now that I know what he did."

I frowned, what did he mean by that?

Before I could even try to comprehend it, the guy flipped around and looked directly at me, lifted his gun and shot. At me.

I heard the loud gun shot before I felt it.

 Hah, he missed! I thought at first, but then a searing pain shot up my left arm. I cried out loud and gripped it tightly, feeling blood slowly flow out of the wound.

Screw what I'd said before. He was willing to shoot me.

"Did you really think that I hadn't seen you there, you stupid kid." The bastard said, casually walking up to me. His eyes were wide, as if he were shocked himself at pulling the trigger, but he quickly masked it with a smug expression. My eyes welled with tears from the pain, but though it hurt like hell, I knew the bullet hadn't entered my arm, just grazed me.

"All this for a car key?" I managed to say through clenched teeth.

The guy tsked. "Oh, it's for so much more that just some car keys, kid. You have no clue what it's for."

Suddenly, police cars drove up to where we were standing, and officers filed out.

"Drop the gun!" One of them shouted, holding up a gun and aiming it towards the guy that had shot me.

The guy didn't look alarmed at all. He simple sighed, looked at me and said "Until we meet again," and ran.

I watched as officers chased after him, but the guy had entered a black vehicle that pulled up from no where, and just like that he was gone.

He had escaped.

"He shot you." Someone said, coming up to me. I looked up to see a medic.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." I bit back at him, the pain suddenly becoming a bit over whelming.

The medic quickly wrapped up my arm, me hissing at the pain, and then I was hustled away to a hospital where they could actually take a look at it.

It turned out to not be anything too serious, and after slinging my arm and telling me to not use it or put any sort of pressure on it, I checked out of the hospital.

And was greeted by a stampede of people.

Mom ran up to me, hugging me so hard that I was able to feel the pain of my arm even through the pain killers they'd given me.

"Mom!" I gasped. "My arm!"

Mom pulled back quickly, tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry honey, I was just so worried. Someone shot you. Oh my god."

 Dad, Dubs, and Pey then came and wrapped me in hugs, right before I was pulled out of the reunion and dragged to the police station for questioning.

All this just from offering a friend a ride.

Hope you guys liked the update! Comment on what you think

-Green Tee<3