Chapter 12: Call Me A Stalker, I Dare You

Flynn POV:

Hangovers suck.

And it doesn't help when you've got both your parents yelling at you in your face for getting drunk. I was sitting on the couch, my face buried in my hands.

I looked up helplessly at Dubs, who was sitting on the other side of the couch reading, pleading with my eyes for an interruption, or distraction.. She just shrugged, as if to say, You got yourself into this. Gee, thanks sis. Glad to know you'll always have my back.

My parents didn't yell at me for as long as I had expected them too though, taking pity on me, I guess.

"Go get some Advil from the kitchen, then go to bed," My mom told me, not sounding as mad as before.

It was already noon, but I could use a nap, so I listened to what she said and, after taking Advil, went up to my room.

Lying down on my bed, I closed my eyes as the pounding on my head beat steadily.

"Why does this hurt so freakin' bad," I muttered to myself. "I didn't even drink that much."

On the contrary, you drank quite a lot.

Growling, I shut my eyes tighter. "Go away, I'm really not in the mood for dealing with you right now."

When are you ever? He snorted, sitting on the side of my bed.

I groaned as the pounding in my head seemed to get worse. How long did it take for these stupid pain killers to kick in?

Around 30 minutes, He informed me. How was it last night, anyways?

"Why do you care?" I muttered, burying my face in my pillow. My head hurt so bad.

Of course I care. Why wouldn't I care?

"Just leave me alone."

No.

"What the hell do you want from me?"

You know what I want, Flynn.

I growled. "Yeah, well that's not happening, so beat it."

He sighed. I shall not 'beat it', as you so politely put it. I think I'll just sit here with you.

I didn't even bother arguing, knowing there was nothing I could do or say to change his mind. I hated him, so much. But this stupid bet was almost over, and I was going to win. I had to.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Dude, that party yesterday was dough," Messy said, sliding into the booth. Cole slid in after him, then me.

"Yeah," I agreed. "Except for the killer headache I got after it."

"Well, serves you right," Peyton said, sitting across from me on the other side of the table. "You shouldn't have drank that much."

I just shrugged, but when the weird feeling started coming up, I quickly pushed it down and forced a smile. "Yolo, right?" I know, lame, but that was one feeling that I hadn't felt in a long time, one that I didn't want to feel in a long time.

Peyton looked at me weirdly, but said nothing.

"So, football try-outs are this Tuesday." Messy said. "You in, right?"

"Yeah, sure," I said. "But I doubt I'll make it in. I haven't played since I left."

Messy scoffed and Cole rolled his eyes. Even I knew that was a lie. Not the part about not playing since I left, that was true, but that part where I doubted I'd make it. I was one of the best players on the team, and we had a pretty large team.