Chapter 20: The End

No intro A/N needed, read the title...  

 An abrupt scream pierces through the air, causing me to stumble off the large, red X. The vision-was it a vision?-of me as Life breaks off, and I'm suddenly back in the tent, with my friends surrounding me. 

   They all look confused, and I don't even have time to think about what I saw, nor do my friend's to ask what I had seen, because we're all too busy thinking the same question, and trying to find the answer: Who had screamed?

   The scream fills the air once again, and I see a look of recognition dawn onto Messy's face. "Oh my god, that's Kyle," He mutters, running out of the tent. 

   My eyes meet with Peyton's, who has the same concerned expression that I probably had on, and we quickly follow Messy out of the tent and into the open carnival. 

   "Kyle!" Messy shouts, circling around. There were so many tents, it seemed impossible to pinpoint which Kyle had been in. And wasn't Holly supposed to be with him, too? Were they okay? What was even going on? 

   We hear one last, final scream, before everything goes silent. But, there was no mistaking where the scream had come from: Queen's Fortune Telling.

   The six of us quickly ran into the tent. The first thing I noticed was the ginormous wooden painted eye hanging above a small table, and on the small table a clear ball, seemingly made of glass. Then, I noticed other, more important, things. 

   Kyle was in one of the far corners of the tent, practically curled up into a ball, his eyes shut tight. His hands were at his ears, and he was gripping them tightly, as if trying to block out a loud noise that only he could hear. There was blood running down his neck, and I realized it was coming from how hard he was clutching onto his ears, his nails were piercing the skin. He was rocking back and forth, muttering things under his breath too low for us to ear, but I managed to catch a little of it. "Please...stop...can't..." 

   Holly was kneeling beside Kyle, grabbing his wrists in attempt to keep him from hurting himself more. "Kyle, Kyle it's okay. There's no one there." She kept saying, but her effort to comfort him was pointless.

   And then, there was Queen herself. She was sitting at the opposite side of the small table, right beneath the eye, staring directly at Kyle. Kyle seemed to be cringing, as if he could feel her heavy gaze on him. 

   I felt a wave on anger surge through me. What was she doing to him? "Hey!" I shouted at her, walking up to the table. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw the girls rush up to aid Holly, and the boys by my side. "What the hell are you doing to him?" 

   Queen's gaze didn't lift from the recoiling Kyle, it didn't even waver. Her eyes seemed to be locked onto him. Suddenly, her hand zipped forward, her palm landing onto the top of the glass ball. At that exact moment, Kyle let out another ear-splitting scream, coated with so much fear and terror that I knew I was going to have nightmares tonight. 

   Before I could even flinch, Messy shouted a loud string of cuss words-some I'm pretty sure weren't even in English. "Leave him alone, you f***ing b**ch!" He shouted at her (A/N: Sorry for the foul language guys. I know normally I don't add cussing into my stories, but I hate Queen so much and I think she deserves it), quicker than I could blink, his hand shot out and swept the glass ball off the table. 

   It landed on the floor with a loud crash, the glass shattering everywhere. Kyle's screaming abruptly ceased, leaving the tent in an eerie silence. Queen's gaze broke from Kyle, and her eyes moved away from him, and slowly, slowly, towards me, even though it had been Messy who killed the ball.