[16] Prelude

Story words count: 1404
--- --- --- ---

It was only at seven in the morning when you managed to park your car on the company parking lot. There are many reporters outside the main building. They're almost blocking the way and checking every car that goings inside.

What is going on here?

In a hurry, you went inside the building. The lobby was loud than ever. Chatterings of the staff rustling away in the air. A man in green hair is approaching you with a concerned look on his face. You recognize him to be the manager of the solo singer of the company, Cioccolata.

"y/n!" He called, "Did you see the news?"

"Hey, Cioccolata," You called back as walking fast towards him. "No, I didn't have time. What's going on?"

"It's Polpo," Cioccolata goes to your side, leaning his face close to your ear. "He's suing Diavolo and Doppio."

"Polpo did?" Frankly saying, you can't just believe it right away. Judging from your face, Cioccolata continuing his story.

"It turns out Diavolo and Doppio exploit money from Vento Aureo for drugs. Illegal kinds. Apparently, he still has the evidence from a year ago."

"This-This is ridiculous."

"I agree." Cioccolata steps back, folding his arms. "Oh, also, he's suing Doppio for the abuse towards Vento Aureo. They will be there on tomorrow's trial."

"None of them telling me about this!" Your voice went higher than you expected. Almost all eyes roll to you and start whisperings. They know you as the said band manager.

"Oh, darling," Cioccolata hand's waving to you. "I'm sure they don't want to burden you."

"I'm happy everyone cares for me, it's true." It doesn't mean you want everyone to keep things from you. Even Polpo's hiding it from you. You're Vento Aureo's manager. Is that too much to ask? Then it hit you. Guido, Narancia, and Giorno were laughing yesterday. They knew it from the beginning.

"I'm holding you back, am I?" Cioccolata's smiling after seeing the solemn look on your face. He steps back.  "Secco earlier told me that he saw Pannacotta going to his composing room. Why don't you ask him?" He mentioned the solo singer, Secco.

"I will. Thank you for telling me." You gave the fellow manager a quick smile before going pass him. As you made your way to the upper floor, you reach for your phone on the blazer pocket. Scanning over all the news that's been expanding since this very morning.

When the lift opens to the floor that you headed to, you saw a familiar name on one of the headlines. A desperate tone escapes your mouth. Your thumb making way to call someone over the screen.

"Trish Una," You instantly calls when the girl over the screen greets you. "You knew, don't you?"

"Oh, that?"

"Don't 'oh, that' me!" You pinch your brow, still walking to the composing room.

"It's just another job for Sheila."

"Then, how come she only told you?"

"It's quite complicated."

"I doubt it." Genuinely speaking.

"The time wasn't right, y/n."

"If you say so." I give up. "I'll call you back later. Turn it off."

"I'll be waiting." Trish turns off the call.

You were about to open the door when Pannacotta already shows himself. He swung the door open widely.