[6] Sonata

Story words count: 1932
--- --- --- ---

"Hey," Fugo stand in front of your office room door. He looks weary with a pale face, messy hairs, and throaty voice. There are pains in his eyes, along with the frustrations while holding papers on his hand. "Can we talk?"

The always looking neat Fugo comes with such states to you. Ignoring the whispers of other employees in the hallway. He's desperate for something. That expression is extremely familiar.

"Is it about the album?" You ask as you open the door. He comes in by your gestures telling him so. The composer sits on the red couch.

The air is heavy. Even after you sit in front of him, no one talks yet. After some time he put down the papers on top of the table.

"I have three songs ready for the album. Giorno is still working on the lyrics, but I think it will work just fine."

"Are you seriously not going to write the lyrics?

You take the papers, checking them carefully. All of them have captivating melodies, the kind that will bring you in your imaginations. The lyrics made by Giorno also charming. As expected from the one with the biggest fanbase,  he knows how to treat them.

"They're all interesting," You put down the paper, examining the still weary composer.

"Go on."

"But this is not the reason why you come to me."

He sighs a long one.

"I don't mean to hides things from you."

His palms pressed together in bitterness. They were trembling.

"I know, Fugo. Why would you feel guilty? Even my superior hides it. For your sake and my sake. Nothing leaked to outside as well."

"I don't want you to think badly of me."

"I never did."

"Correct," He smiles, somewhere between amusement and pain, "That's why I like you."

Oh.

You cleared throat out of embarrassment. That was too sudden. 

"Um, thank you?"

"I mean it," His orbs widen, softly looking at yours. Slight colors of pink can be seen on his cheeks. "Since that farewell party, I can't stop thinking about you. It's about your gaze, your voice.. everything was perfect." 

"How I can answer that..," You shrinks on your seat, glancing shyly at the man. 

"You don't have to answer it," Fugo chuckles a little before starts getting serious again. His gazes is gentle, warm, and serene. His voice is calm as well. He's ready to tell everything. "Okay, um, should I start telling you my story?"

You nod as the answer. 

His first line was enough for you two stay silent the whole time. The story was deep and unbearable. There was long silence of sadness overflowing. Strangling.  Sickening. To the point that only your eyes can speak back to him.

Vento Aureo's manager was Vinegar Doppio. Everyone calls him by his last name since he dislikes his first name. He is a very humble and caring person. Well, that's how many people see him as.

The Vento Aureo themselves discover the real Doppio six months after their successful debut. After their fame skyrocketing, their manager changes his treatment towards the members. He becomes harsher when no one was around. Pushing every single of them to work hard. Practicing until late at night. Making the band schedules tighter than ever. Doppio said that was all for the band when the leader confronts him.