[18] Rondo

Two chapters left everyone!
Story words count: 2024
--- --- --- ---

Vinegar Doppio keeps mumbling several curses to himself the whole day. He's now trapped in a rehabilitation site locating in Roma. Most of his curses were how he didn't consume the drugs more than his boss, how his boss is in a separate building, and how he despises Polpo and the Vento Aureo.

He hates it here. How many days have passed? Is it a month already? Or more? He didn't bother to count as he knows someone will revenge him. Just have to wait a little bit more.

A sound of key clicking on his door brought him to his senses. The door swung open by the staff with a scary face. In a tone of an order, he says.

"Vinegar Doppio, your brother in law, has come to greet you."

The pink-haired man instinctively stands up. He said yes to the staff and following him. Quietly he smirks to himself. It seems like he didn't have to wait for the destruction any longer. 

He directed to a small guest room. There are only a table and two chairs. Doppio took the vacant seat, face to face with a skinny man in a fedora hat. The staff's waiting for them right by the door.

"Long time no see, cognato Cannolo," Doppio smiles longingly, "Thank you for coming. How's my sister doing?" Fucking finally! How's the plan going?

The fedora hat man, Cannolo Murolo, offers a small smile. "She's doing well. I'm sure she'll be out of the hospital soon." The plan's going well, and I'll be doing it after this.

"Did she eat well?" How about them?

"She's not picky anymore. Now she even likes strawberries. " They're surprisingly getting more attention. Those two especially gain more favor."

"I see," Doppio sighs, glaring hard at Cannolo. Luckily the staff isn't able to see his facial expression. "Well, I'm sure we're not going to running out of strawberries, right?" Dispose them.

"Definitely," Cannolo nods accordingly. "I think that's all for today, cognato Vinegar. I'll bring more good news next time."

The second day of January in the morning can freeze anyone on their bed. Just like you right now, covered in two blankets, hugging your knees close to the chest, and curses at the wind. You woke up on that position for minutes and hasn't moved since then.

Today you have a day off today, so do your kids. And last night, the troublemakers keep pestering you to play with them. You did decline the idea. There's a limit on how you can be together with them.

You slowly rose to sit your bed, shivering. Taking your phone from the desk to open the Gram. When you see the last story of what Vento Aureo just posted last night, obviously by Narancia truly, you out down the phone. That wasn't a dream. He announced to the whole of Italy that they want to hang out with you. 

You're too afraid to know what response the fans give on that story.

Another wave of shiver hits you again. It's dead cold, and you just have to pee. You're dashing to the bathroom as fast as you can. The bathroom was even colder, but somehow, annoyingly, you adjust to the temperature. You even feel refreshed after washing your face and brushing your teeth.

While wandering to the kitchen to make breakfast, Purple Haze song ringing in the distance of your room. It must be a call. A hurry running later you grab the phone to answer the call. As you made your back to the kitchen you smile widely.

"Ciao."

"Buongiorno, tesoro." His husky low voice rang into your ears. Pannacotta's voice on the phone sounds different, yet in a good pleasant way.