[2] Band

Story words count: 1331
--- --- --- ---

It was a fairly nice Sunday afternoon with a little bit of rain wash. With your black Ferrari, a gift from Sheila a year ago, you drove off to the company building. You were about to go to lunch outside when the company gave you a call. Another meeting and contract sign as the Vento Aureo's manager. Their bad habit never changes sudden news, meeting, etc. Not that you can complain. 

"I'm sure you already memorize their schedule," Polpo, director of the production, tosses the contract paper on his desk. His round eyes fixed on you as he munch on his candy. "You're the best one we had so far. I'm expecting a lot from you."

"I will, signore," You reply shortly. He's not entirely a bad person, just really weird. 

"Yes, yes, you're a gentle soul y/n. The achievement you got for this company is all outstanding. I heard good things from you even from the members themselves despite the short meetings."

Oh, wow, the members still remember me that much?

"May I ask regarding the change of their manager.. about signore Doppio?" You hesitantly ask him, the CEO refused to answer your question the other day.

Polpo leans back to his chair, sighing long before he says to you again. "You see, I hate him too. I don't know why the CEO dotes on him a lot. We have a little problem with him."

"I heard unpleasant rumors about him."

"I'm afraid they're all true, y/n," Polpo whispers in a desperate tone, "He's an excellent person.., with a problem. For these past few months, he's getting harsher on the members of the band. They protest long ago but we have no one to replace him yet."

"Is it because I was still busy on our last project?"

He nods, "They eventually mentioned you and agree to wait for you."

"I won't betray their expectations."

"You have to. You're about the same age as them so I think things will go easier. I'm an old man, you know?" His smile is wide and somewhat scary.

"Um, yes?" Even if it's awkward, you have to answer, right?

His laughter broke off, "Nice one, y/n. You may leave. Oh, the kids are in their practice room having a party with Doppio. Pay them a visit will you?"

"I think I'll hold back for now," You winces, "It's their party and I wasn't invited."

"Fair enough," He waves a hand, permit you to leave. "Oh, wait."

"Yes?"

"Be careful around them. Especially, Fugo."

"What was that?," You murmurs to yourself as making your way to the elevator. Thinking about what should you get for lunch now that you're more than just hungry anymore.

The company was fairly empty on the weekend. You stood alone in front of the elevator waiting for it to comes up. When the elevator arrives and the door opens, two pairs of panicking eyes suddenly widen when they saw you. And you recognize them very well.

"Manager!" Narancia screaming, "Oh, God, you're here! Please, come with us!"

"Calm down, what happened?" You frown, enters the elevator quickly. Guido pushes the button immediately.

"That bastard Doppio!" That was Guido, his fists clenched.

"You gotta help us, he won't leave us alone!" Narancia begs, holding your hand tightly by his chest.