[11] Baroque

I'm terribly sorry for my attempt at naming all these chapters...
Story words count: 1468
--- --- --- ---

Last night was overall hectic, yet in the meantime, you somehow can still have control over your emotion. After Fugo dropped you off at the hospital, you didn't shed any tears again. Doctor Tiziano apologized a dozen times for being careless. You know it's not his fault. Your twin sister had tried to bite off her tongue several times. And yesterday was her time to leave.

With the help of Doctor Tiziano, since you are one of the hospital's biggest donators, your twin sister can be cremated that very night. You wait for hours long while you call Trish and Sheila to tell them the news. Everything from A to Z, including what happened in the car. Sheila promised to come a day after tomorrow, and Trish will follow after that.

Polpo thankfully offers you a week for you to rest, but you declined since you can't just leave your work. He compromised to three days which you gladly accept.

As for the Vento Aureo members, they were mad, they were sorry, they were in a chaotic state. That very night they came to the cremation house. Every single of them came with red and wet eyes. Yes, including Fugo. You kind of regretting hiding things for them. But now you know that they care for you. Just like how you care for them. They leave at one in the morning while Fugo dropped you home at three. He used your car to go back to the dormitory after giving you another kiss.

You woke up at nine feelings hungry, tired, cold, and devastated while circling on the bed while hugging your knees. There were lots of nightmares going on to the point you can't remember any. Yet the feeling of the chill won't leave at all.

You closed your eyes once again. The emptiness starts to haunt you over. Every time you do nothing, they will come to get you. They made you to overwork in order to stay sane. It should be over now. They have gone for real. But why they won't stop coming?

Then your thoughts disrupted by the loud ring from your phone. Without thinking much or seeing the name on the screen, you pick it up.

"He-,"

"Good morning."

Oh, it's him.

Your cheeks flushed red and warm. You couldn't contain your smile as you hear his voice. "Good morning P-,"

"Morning manager!"

"Oh, Narancia, morning!"

I almost call him by his first name in front of everyone.

The thought made you even more embarrassed. Never expected it to be on speaker for everyone to hear.

"How about me?"

"Good morning, Guido. Did you sleep well?" You grinned even though the drummer can't see it.

"Oh, yeah, sure!" The drummer got all flustered.

"y/n, it's me, how are you feeling?"

"Bruno!" You yelped at the leader. "Thank you for convincing the kids to go home last night. I got a nice sleep rest, don't worry."

"Glad to hear that."

"We're going to start recording now." The vocalist informed. "Wish us luck."

"Of course, Giorno. Sorry I can't come."

"Think about yourself first. You worked hard."

"Aw," You gasped, feeling much better. "Thank you, Leone. I will take my rest diligently."

"I guess that's all. We have to record now."

It's him again. Without you knowing it, you have become more enthusiastic when it comes to him.