[14] Movement

I suck at writing the conflict so this will be over in no time..
Story words count: 1647
--- --- --- ---

The office was fairly dark, the translucent red curtains blocking most of the sun lights with no lights turned on either, and hollow. A long-haired man sits on his working seat with almost finished lit cigarette hanging between his lips. His two arms are resting on the armrest.

He's the founder and the CEO of Passione Corporation, Diavolo.

The fingers on his right hand start to tapping the armrest lightly. His teeth are gritting the unlit cigarette in a slow movement before sucking on it. The smoke blowing after that was thick as they disappear in the air.

A pink-haired man on the couch is shifting anxiously in his position. The man is Doppio. "What's wrong, boss?"

"Doppio, you're the only one I can count on."

"Yes, of course, boss."

"Are you sure that Vento Aureo won't be trouble again?" Diavolo took off the cigarette to squeeze it onto the ashtray. Won't even glance at Doppio.

"I'm sure!" Doppio answer eagerly, ignoring the thick scent of the herb still lingering around. "I got the perfect weapon to hold them down."

"Show me."

In a flash, Doppio placing photos out of his suit inner pocket. Scatterings them across the table for Diavolo to see. The said boss only looks at them from afar. A little squint first, a smirk later.

"Oh, Pannacotta Fugo. My favorite," Diavolo says playfully, "And she's the famous y/n?"

"Yes, boss."

"She's the wanted woman which everyone loves," Diavolo mutters, taking another cigarette and carefully lighting it on. After blowing another, he continues. "She's talented, yet too kind for her own good. We shall use her in the other area. Now, even Cioccolata won't bug me again."

"That damned green peas!" Doppio curses, his fists clenching hard. He refers to the green peas to green-haired Cioccolata. "He almost reporting you to the police! That's why we had to change the manager position before it's too late!"

"Doppio," Diaholo hisses through his teeth, glaring. "You talk too much."

"I-I'm sorry, boss."

"Very well." Diavolo took the cigarette from his mouth. He leans relaxedly to the working seat. "My Doppio, you're the only one I can trust."

"Yes, boss."

"You must succeed, Doppio. Vento Aureo is mine. Pannacotta Fugo is mine. All the wealth belongs to me only."

A gruesome expression masked Doppio's face. "Yes, boss."

Fugo: Good morning
Fugo: Though it's still too early

You squint at the bright screen of your phone, the only shining thing on your currently dark room. When you realize who the sender is, you gain more consciousness. As you rub your eyes, you get up to sit properly to type back the reply.

y/n: Morning
y/n: What's up?
Bruno: Squalo will drive us for today
Bruno: You can work in your office

Your pupils expand upon the new messages. You thought Fugo had chatting you on the private message but, no, it was the group chat. Thankfully you didn't type Pannacotta's name yet.

y/n: Squalo didn't tell me anything?
Bruno: We heard you have some important things going on
Bruno: You can finish that
Fugo: We're fine

"It must be the world tour," You mutters alone, fall back to your bed. Holding up your phone with two hands above you. It's true that you still have things to discuss. For example, meeting agenda with Cioccolata.