Chapter Five

It's been three weeks since the doctors big conference. I guess that's where the problem really starts. It was the middle of the night, I can't recall the exact time. I was asleep when I heard it, we all were.

The ear-splitting cries of the alarm desperately calling for attention. I jumped up and made my way out the door and I walked into the red lit hallway to find chaos. Some of the departments were running in all different directions and others were standing around just confused as I was.

I made my way over to the others, "Whats going on?!" I yelled over the alarms.

Royce turned to me, "I have no idea, I tried asking one of the doctors but th-"

"Guys, Helena's in the testing room," Xavier yelled as he was making his way to us.

"I'm sure shes fine Xavier, I think we should stay in our rooms till we-"

"No I'm gonna go check on her," He ran off in the direction of the testing rooms before we could protest.

"Xavier wait," Royce made a move to go after him.

I caught his arm," I'll go after him, you guys go in and we'll meet in your room, okay!?"

He nodded before I ran to make my way after Xavier.

Halfway to the testing room the alarms were silenced, and not long after the lights were back to normal.

"All Scientists and department leaders go to the meeting hall, all others head back to your rooms immediately and wait for further notice."

Ignoring the message sent through the speakers, I stopped and looked around to make sure no one was looking. I dismissed the cameras, deciding they were probably too distracted to look anyways. I opened the door and walked into the testing room.

Xavier had one hand on the glass, speaking to Helena through the intercom.

The testing room was an all white room, testing chair placed in the middle, with all different kinds of things stored on the left and right side of the room. The back side of the room had a door that connected a small room where the test subject would stay, it contained a bed, toilet, sink, and mirror. The front wall of the testing room had a door on the far left locked with a code unknown to us, the rest was made of a thick glass. The room we were in right now was the viewing area, the intercom was used for communication during testings.

Both their heads turned to me and Helena smiled weakly, "Hey Aaron."

I took a step closer, "Hi Helena... how you doing?"

"Like I was telling Xavier, I'm fine" she looked at him then back at me, "just tired, I'm not sure what they're trying to make but it didn't work, they're supposed to try again tomorrow."

"Hopefully nothing too extreme," I said with a small smile.

"Yeah, do me a favor and take Xavier back, I tried telling him but he doesn't wanna leave."

I looked at him, and she laughed.

"I just.. I don't know, I just worry and-"

"I know but I'm gonna be okay," she cut him off as she put her hand on the glass across from his.

"I love you."

"And I love you," her smile grew, "now leave."

"Bye Helena."

"Bye Aaron... take care of this one, yeah?"

"yeah, Lets go man."

Xavier waited till he couldn't see her anymore, he then turned to me and gave a sad smile.

We made our way out of the testing room and began walking the way we came, but we heard footsteps echoing the halls. We looked at each other and quickly and quietly made our way back and down a different hall. This way could take us to the rooms but we had to be more careful, we can get back to the other path but not without passing the meeting hall. We kept low in the dim hall way.

Up ahead was the meeting hall, the windows of the doors allowing the bright lights to show through. We tried our best to pass quickly, praying no one would come out.

As we were passing by, I couldn't help but hear something that made me stop.

"-Completely destroyed, we suspect the intruder or intruders may be in the facility right now."

Xavier looked at me wide-eyed, both our minds thinking back to the footsteps we heard.

"What if it was an escape?"

"No, one of the test subjects is locked up and that would keep the others here, everyone else is free too leave if asked."

"So what makes you think they're still here, maybe the alarm scared them away?"

"We have to be sure, right now everyone is in their rooms, this allows us to conduct a thorough search tonight."

I started moving quickly and pulled at Xavier's shirt, silently telling him to follow. Once we got down to the sleeping area, we ran to Royce's room.

"You guys took forever! what happened?" Royce asked once we got in.

"We can't explain right now okay, we all have to go to our rooms!"

"What, why?" Jett asked.

"They're gonna do a search and we have to be in our rooms okay," this time Xavier spoke.

"A search?"

"We don't know how much time we have okay! We'll explain in the morning!"

Both Xavier and I decided to hold back the information of an intruder, not wanting to freak the others out before we know for sure.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

~Author's notes ~

Any music recommendations out there? What song/artist are you currently obsessed with ? I listen to everything, I usually use music as a source of inspiration for everything

-Alissa :)