Chapter 29

Niko POV

They took off the blinds they put on eyes. I've had hard time adjusting my eyes until it fully dilated. I saw a room full of black and purple color. It was a bedroom. They have this very extravagant bed, which I was sitting right now, and creepy looking wall lamps. The smell of the room is comparable to an old book stuck for many decades.

"Leave us." I almost jumped out of bed when the voice echoed in the room.

"But Pa—" said the woman I really can't see. Their coats are covering their faces so I can't really see them. I just assumed this was his daughter.

"Leave." Without further ado, everyone left. The door shut and locked itself. Ohh Goddess, I wasn't this prepared but I knew I needed to be strong. I sighed deeply. I saw him pacing himself to me. He removed his hood and it showed an old mage who looks really good for his age.

"Grandson." I shivered. His deep baritone voice is seriously scaring the hell out of me. I blinked the feeling away.

"Who are you?" I tried to straighten my shaking voice. Fuck, I shouldn't be scared.

"I am Grandpa Hendrick dear and you are my grandson."

"Why do you want me?"

"Why? Because you belong here. You are the most powerful of us all." I was taken aback. Why does everyone believe I am powerful? I don't even feel special.

"Why do you think so?" I said challenging him. He laughed the sound I think the scariest laugh I heard ever since. I think I've seen this film before, and I didn't like the ending. I'll either end up being decapitated or eaten alive.

"Because you were made for this. You wanna heard a story child? Follow me. " I stood up and before I could follow him in the corridor outside the room, a bird flew from the window to my shoulder. I was flushed in relief knowing I wasn't alone. Raven is with me.

"You must be fond of the bird." I panicked. Oh God, they can't know this bird can transform.

"He became my pet. He follows my order pretty well."

"You are surely a talented Mage. Not everyone can summon a bird and turn him into a follower."

I shrugged not really knowing what to answer. We were in front of a big door. 

"Welcome to my place" he said. We entered and I saw a much much larger room than Zach's office. I miss my mate already.

"What have you heard about your Grandma Cecile?"

"You raped her and she bore my mom." He smiled sadly.

"Rumors create misunderstanding, don't you think? Do you believe them child?"

"What should I believe then if I won't?"

"The truth my dear. You should've come to me to ask about what happen."

He went to a single door closet. I was shock when I saw a beautiful woman, wearing red lipstick and black gown. She is floating  and is either asleep or dead. If she's dead, she was truly amazingly preserved. He touched the face of the woman to my horror. I freakingly hate zombies, beautiful or not.

"This woman is your Grandma Cecile, my first love." He is a sick psychopath old man. Goddess who else would keep a dead body inside a closet?

"I love her so much and I will still love her until my days end."

"If you love her, what happen then?"

"She hates me as much as I love her. She believes White and Black Mage must not be together, never. So I convinced her that if I can't prove to her my love, I will stop coming for her. She allowed me. I showed her all the thing love can only provide but her conviction is stronger. I got mad, madly in love with her that I forgot to think straight. She was my all, child. I could give up everything for her, my position, my power, and my family. But she still chooses them. I find it no choice but to take her by force and keep her here, this very room."