Chapter 5

Zach POV

“Alpha, How’s the talk?” Damien asked.

“Good, he still needs to take the first exam though so he can’t transfer until next week.”

“Why the hell did we forget to ask his number? Arghh, I’m so pissed. How can we contact him?” Averys chimed in. I sighed. She is the most impatient Delta I know.

“We’ll go to his school after class. Now move your asses and let’s go to our class.”

Finally, I have something to do to protect my mate. Yes, obviously we are werewolves and he is my mate. I find it so hard to approach him and try to talk to him when he's in other town. That town is also the territory of other pack so I can’t just hop in every now and then knowing we’re territorial species. Fortunately he always go to the woods which belongs to our territory. He may be thinking that it’s our first meeting but no. I first saw him when he was about 10.

Flashback

I was in my dad’s office doing some lecture about being alpha when a knock came.

“Come in.” said my dad using his alpha tone. His alpha tone is so intimidating that even I can get goosebumps.

“There is someone who enters our territory from the southern border.”

“Kill him”

“It’s a boy. A human.” I glance at my dad as he raises his eyebrow. He knows we have a treaty signed with pure humans that we cannot harm them unless they harm us first. We can only do defensive mode and that’s fine I guess. He suddenly looked at me. I felt nervous when he does that.

“Son, go to the border and see whether it’s a threat or not. Report to me what happen. It’s time for you to do some physical lessons and not just from books. Bring those friends of yours. Consider this as part of your training. Omega, follow my son and protect him. Bring along five other omegas to protect them. Follow his order as if your following my order. Son, I trust you to do good decision” I’m quite excited knowing this is the first official step to become an alpha. I called my friends, Damien my future Beta and Averys my future Delta. We went to the woods and saw a tiny boy crying his heart out.

“Did Alpha Ezequiel ordered to kill him?” Averys asked thru mind link.

“No, my father just want to check whether he’s a threat or not.”I  answered while still looking at him.

“Obviously he’s not a threat. I think he just need space to cry his heart out.” Damien noticed and I nodded.

“So what shall we do then?” Averys impatiently asked. She is always like this. Honestly, I don’t know what to do. He looked so sad.

“Shall we make a move to drive him away?” the omega asked me.

“No, don’t you dare. Let him be. He is not a threat. Just like what Damien said, he just needs space.”

“Little Alpha, there’s a smell of rogue wolves a little far from here. You need to go home.” Said the other Omega. I looked at them.

“No, you go asked them what they want. When they say nothing, kill them. Damien and Averys stay with me. Let’s observe first this boy.”

“But the Alp—“

“My father said to take my words as his, now go” I used my alpha voice, its unconvincing and desperate but they still follow.