"Do you not realise that you're in my way?" I asked, feeling slightly annoyed.

"Oh...if I could remember...you were walking in my path, " his remark kinda resembled him as a jerk.

So now he adopts the style of Asher Black, trying to be a bad boy. I see.

"I have a class to attend and you are stopping me. So can you kindly take your ass somewhere else? I have places to be."

He read my face and smirked, "As I said before, I am not blocking your path."

Was he crazy or trying to be funny? Because clearly, he was failing.

I took a deep breath in being nice and stepped to my right. He did the same thing. I stepped to my left, he did the same thing again.

I sighed with my hands on my hips, "Are you done being a pushover? I don't like you...move."

"Who said anything about liking?"

Clive appeared and thank God he did. He appeared at the right time, "Is he bothering you, Cassidy?" Clive eyed Brendan from top to bottom.

"What are you now? Her overprotective boyfriend?" his remark was cocky and it pissed me off.

Clive curled his fists in a ball, "Stay away from her. If you touch her I sw-"

"No need for that. He was just making trouble like the 'great Asher Black', " speaking of Asher, I think he was gaining back his popularity. A long trail of girls was following behind him.

Another group of girls saw Brendan and was now approaching him, which gave both Clive and me some time to escape.

Thank god.

"Did he touched you?" Clive asked.

"Think about what you've just asked me, Clive. Will I ever allow a guy like him to touch me? Not even the slightest brush."

We both walked inside the theatre. We were right on time. Mrs Phillips was having a slight problem with Whitney.

"It is quite clear that you can't play this role. You are not fully prepared and your spot will be taken today and with this attitude, " Mrs Phillips glared at Whitney.

"Then I won't do it, " Whitney argued with Mrs Phillips.

"I hope you smile when you see a big, fat, ugly zero on your report card for theatre and detention for your attitude Miss Hall,"

Whitney stormed off and left Mrs Phillips with the scripts in her hands. She sighed and scanned her eyes around the room.

"Then who's going to be Cinderella?" I asked Clive.

"I really don't know. But I just hope I don't get a hippo to kiss, " Clive started and I hit him on the shoulder slightly.

Mrs Phillips eyes landed on me, "Cassidy, come here?"

I pointed inwards at my chest, "Me."

She nodded her head and I slowly walked up towards her.

"Do you know the lines for playing Cinderella?" She asked me.

"Yes...I guess."

"From now on you'll be playing Cinderella and I'll find someone to play Drizella. Are you okay with that?"

My smile broadens, "Yeah. I totally am."

Oh my God, I get to play Cinderella.

"Okay class, we will be starting now. Our new Cinderella is Cassidy. I'll deal with the Drizella part later, but for now, get in your positions."

Clive smiled at me, "Wow...having my bestie as Cinderella. I think that's cool."

"But we will kiss when we reach the married part."

He scratched the back of his head, "I'm sure it's nothing. It's just a play. Nothing more than that."

I get in my new places for the musical. Boy, I was overjoyed.

~•~

"Would you have this dance with me?" The Prince aka my best friend sang in a genuine tone.

"Oh yes, your highness." I was so happy to play Cinderella.

The narrator spoke, "The prince danced every dance he could dance with Cinderella but as time passed, the clock began to strike twelve."

"I must go! Thank you for the dance," I was now running off.

"Please stay! What is your name?" the prince shouted.

The narrator continued, "Cinderella did not answer and ran back to the coach, but she lost one of her glass slippers on the way. Then the coach and everything disappeared. Cinderella's beautiful dress turned back to rags."

When we were finished with the play, Mrs Phillips called me over to have a small chat with me.

She began, "You did great, but you need to practice on the first part."

I nodded my head, "Okay. I will do better next time."

We were dismissed and I was overjoyed.

Clive crushed me in a hug, "Congrats, Cinderella."

I laughed at his remark, "I think Cassidy will do just fine."

"You know I was just messing with you. By the way, if you have any problems with that asshole from earlier, you know where to find me."

"Look at you, being the overprotective best friend. I will though."

I can't wait until I actually play out this musical on stage.

--
Hello. I didn't want to publish this book so quickly. I wanted to finish completing Little Savage Robin before I published this from my drafts but I was eager to put this book out! Thank you for choosing this book.

Q: What were your expectations of Brendan in this chapter?

Stay tuned.
Krystal