She then pushed herself away from his body to take his hands and continue her dancing. Hamdan looked around and realised that what she just said was true. Not one person in there seemed to care about what anyone else was doing, they all looked like they were on a mission to just enjoy themselves.

He looked down at his arms and relaxed them to follow Layla's move, the energy climbed up to his shoulders and then all the way down to his legs, he closed his eyes, surrendered entirely and for a moment he wasn't thinking, he wasn't aware of what his body was doing, he wasn't worried, he was there and he was free like she said. Nothing occupied his mind, just the energy that was produced when he was doing something just for fun, because it felt good. It was the same sensation as when he jumped out of a plane with a parachute, people always asked him why did he do it and nobody seemed to understand when he replied that he did it simply because he liked it.

They stumbled out of the pub a couple hours later, drunk with happiness since the only drink they had was water.

"Woah! I cannot hear a thing!" Said Hamdan, covering both ears with his hands.

"It will pass." Layla replied.

Layla's favorite fish & chips spot was within walking distance, the place was about to close for the night when they arrived but the waiter knew her well and allowed them to be the last customers of the day. Two big baskets filled with chips and cod landed on the table between them and they began devouring them, while revisiting the pub experience.

"It was amazing." Said Hamdan.

Layla beamed. "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself."

Hamdan stared at her as she joyfully sipped on her soft drink.

"You're truly happy here, aren't you?" He asserted.

Layla smiled ready to say yes but stopped herself when she noticed the hint of nostalgia on his face. He knew. He knew that she was happier there than in Dubai.

"I mean... It's just that I feel like I can do so much more here, like I can be so much more, you know?" She explained.

"So, you're not coming back?" He guessed.

Layla shrugged. "I don't know. Is there anything for me in Dubai?"

"I suppose I'm not enough." He lamented.

She chuckled. "Are you kidding? You're probably the only one that could convince me to go back."

It was difficult to take her attempt to make him feel better. He missed her every single day she was away and the past two years he found himself eagerly waiting for the Summer to arrive because that's when they got to spend more time together in the UK. But it seemed like that distance was not meant to be shortened any time soon.

After eating, they walked aimlessly through the streets, not really wanting the night to be over. The temperature was dropping and Layla wrapped her arms around Hamdan's left arm. He tried to think of something else but Hamdan could not shake the thought of what was happening with Layla after she finished school.

"What are you going to do after your graduation?" He insisted. "Are you really staying here or do you want to go somewhere else?"

"I have no idea but it's so exciting!" She squealed. "I feel like I can do anything I want!"

"Yeah... I don't know what that feels like." He mumbled.

"What would you be?" She asked him. "If you could be anything in the world, what would you choose?"

"Huh, let me see..." He tilted his head to the side and took a moment to think. "I think I would be a vet, a wildlife vet."

Layla opened her eyes wide. "Seriously?"