Chapter 11: The Bond of Siblings

"Do you see now, what happens when you let go of all fear and just focus on the task at hand?" Artemis asked her son.

"I'm definitely seeing it, but still trying to believe it," Adrian said still in complete awe of his accomplishment. 

Going over to retrieve his arrows, he was suddenly knocked to the ground by Mrs. O'Leary who had a ball in her mouth. Laughing in amusement, Artemis calmed herself again, walked over, and pulled Mrs. O'Leary off of Adrian. 

"This has got Nico, written all over it," Adrian groaned in annoyment as he got back onto his feet. 

Walking up to Adrian, Mrs. O'Leary dropped the ball at his feet. Picking it up with all his strength he tossed it was the Hades Cabin. Not a moment after he loosed the ball into the air, Mrs. O'Leary chased after it, in fervor. Retrieving his arrows and placing them back in his quiver, Adrian walked back to the main campus with his mother at his side. 

"So, what brings you here, this time around, Mom?" Adrian finally asked. 

"We've found where Luke has been hiding," she informed him. "But you're not going to like what comes next," she admitted. 

"When have I ever?" he inquired.

"Fair enough," she admitted. "Anyways, his trail leads straight into the Labyrinth," she revealed. 

"The same Labyrinth, created by Daedalus to trap the first minotaur in?" he asked worriedly. 

"The very same," she confirmed. 

"Welp! We're screwed," he admitted. 

"Why do you say that? You especially have a sword capable of killing gods," she reminded her son.

"I only use the Sword of Wolves as a last resort. I much prefer to use Silver-Claw," Adrian admitted. 

"Well here's one instance using the Sword of Wolves should be your first resort. Lessen the chance of failure by any means and use whatever advantage you have to its fullest potential," Artemis instructed her son. 

"I understand, so when do I head out?" he asked her. 

"Oh, believe me, you won't be going this alone," she assured him. "But you best prepare, the others will be arriving soon," she told him. 

"Understood," Adrian assured her, rushing over to his cabin where he began to pack his things, dawn his armor and sharpen the blades of his swords and arrowheads. 

Coming out of his cabin decked out in his gear, he looked toward the entrance and saw Percy and Annabeth rushing in as fast as they could. Stopping just after they made it through the barrier, Percy and Annabeth held a brief conversation before Annabeth to Adrian's surprise ran toward the Ares cabin. Going over to Percy, he had been roughed up to a certain extent. 

"Was the first day, really that bad for you?" Adrian asked jokingly.

"Nothing I couldn't handle," Percy assured him. "Wanna head down to the arena for some training?" he asked. 

"Sure," Adrian agreed, going with Percy down to the arena. 

Arriving Percy saw Mrs. O'Leary and panicked. Grabbing his sword, he attempted to kill her, but thankfully both Adrian and Quintus the new Sword Master at the camp prevented Percy from doing so. 

"Easy Percy, Mrs. O'Leary is Quintus' pet," Adrian explained. 

"You're joking, right? It's a hellhound!" he argued. 

"Calm down, Percy, Mrs. O'Leary is as harmless as they come," Adrian reassured him walking over to Mrs. O'Leary and began to give her belly rubs much to the hellhounds enjoyment. "See? She won't hurt you," he assured Percy.