Chapter 31: The Black Wolf

-Adrian's POV-

Once the treaty was signed, that ensured the peace, and cooperation, between Camps Half-Blood and Jupiter, spirits were high, to say the least.

Leaving the senate building with Thalia and Jason at my side, the moon was full, and bright. I could feel myself becoming stronger as a result. A perk of being the son of the moon goddess.

"So, did you enjoy your time with Leia?" Thalia asked with a teasing grin.

"You could say that," I remarked with a sly grin.

"Can you two not talk about that specific subject, while I'm around?" Jason asked flustered.

"Aww, what's the matter little bro? Are your embarrassed?" Thalia asked teasingly, putting Jason in a headlock, where she proceeded to mess up, his well kept blonde hair, before releasing him, again.

"It's hardly that," he argued, though you didn't need to be a child of Athen to know that to be the case.

"Whatever you say, Jason," I said with a sly grin, but just as he was about to answer, I felt a hostile presence nearby.

Conjuring moon blades, I took a defensive stance, as did Thalia and Jason, but none of us could've been prepared for what happened next. Black tendrils arose from our shadows, pinning us to the ground, but it was nothing more than a minor inconvenience. With my lunar flames, I burnt the tendrils that were binding me, but just as I was about to use my flames to break Thalia, and Jason free, I was struck by some form of dark energy from out of nowhere. Whoever's doing this, is really starting to work on my nerves!

"Show yourself! Or do you intend to hide within the shadows, like a coward!?" I asked aloud, hoping to gain some form a response, and to my luck, the assailant revealed himself.

He was dressed in all black, he had shaggy medium black hair and a shaggy black beard, his skin was pale, with black veins or scars, running up across the left side of his face, and he had dark grey eyes, that were as cold, and empty as the void, itself. He seemed to be a few years older than us, and was roughly my height, maybe just a bit taller. Whoever he was, his very being seemed to be corrupted.

"Who are you?" I finally asked

"Does it matter?" he asked in a cold monotone voice.

"Considering you just attacked me, my girlfriend, and her brother, yeah, I'd like to know who you are," I told him, growing more frustrated by the second, but he remained silent. Instead he conjured his own blades of darkness, similarly to how I created my lunar blades.

"Defeat me, and I will give you the answers you seek," he decided.

"Fine by me," I grinned, excitedly.

Making the first attack, by sending my lunar blades toward him, with a simple swipe of his sword, he destroyed the blades midair. Alright, blades are a no go, at a distance with this guy. Let's see how he likes a bit of lunar lightning? Sending a blast of lightning his way, he seemed surprised, but using his shadow powers, he easily evaded the blast, and closed the distance between us.