Chapter 23: The Hunter's Resolve

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else," I said, backing away and turning off the shower.

"You mean Nemesis?" She asked in a worried tone.

"Yes," I confessed as I dried myself off with a towel. "Why are you even here?" I asked her curiously.

"Well, it was to engage in a night of pure sexual bliss, with you, but you don't seem in the mood," she said as I got dressed in fresh clothes.

"No, I'm not," I said in agreement placing my necklace back around my neck.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked following me of the bathroom and using the water that rested on her skin to create a sea-blue dress.

"Not right now. I just got back from a harrowing quest and tomorrow or sometime soon I'll be leaving for Camp Jupiter," I informed her, as I took a seat on the edge of my bed.

"Camp Jupiter? What in Zeus' name would possess you to travel there?" She asked apprehensively.

"Percy," I answered. "Medea told me in Chicago that, that's where he was headed. This was later confirmed by Hera," I revealed further.

"Have you told anyone else?" She asked curiously, sitting beside me, on my bed.

"Annabeth and Thalia," I answered. "I trust you'll tell your father?" I asked her.

"I will," she assured me with a soft smile as she glided her fingers through my hair. "You just get some rest," she insisted softly pushing me down onto my bed.

"I plan to," I yawned as my eyes began to grow heavy.

"Good, you've more than earned it," she said with a soft smile, leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips afterward. "I'll see you when you wake, Adrian," Leia told me before leaving.

When she finally left, I fell into a deep slumber and I can't help but think, Hypnos had something to do with it.

-Cymopoleia's POV-

After leaving Adrian's cabin and returning to Atlantis, I immediately went into the throne room, where my father was sitting in wait. He seemed surprised by my presence though, then again before I left I so arrogantly boasted that I'd be claiming Adrian's virginity tonight.

"Must've been a quickie," he said humorously earning a few low chuckles from the guards.

"There was no quickie father. There was no sex at all," I informed him stoically.

"That doesn't surprise me. Back on Olympus he looked at if he was about to pass out at any given moment," my father recollected in a more serious tone.

"Then you already know where Percy is headed?" I inquired.

"Indeed. Had you not left in such a hurry to claim Adrian's virginity, I would've told you too, but it seems, Adrian did that for me," he revealed. "Be that as it may, back on Olympus I sense a presence foreign to the realm, alien, in fact," he further stated. "Any clue?" he asked me.

"I wasn't there so I can't say," I said playing coy for Adrian's sake.

"Yet it was eminating from Adrian and it certainly wasn't Adrian, I was sensing. You were with him last, did he tell you anything?" my father asked me curiously.

Forgive me Adrian.

"Yes. Due to his overwhelming thirst for vengeance and hatred against Orion, he has become ensnared in Nemesis' web of lies and honeyed words. Ever-so faintly on the inner portion of his left forearm is the marking of Nemesis. Slowly but surely she's sinking her fangs into Adrian and it's only a matter of time because she ensnares him fully," I revealed in great reluctance.