Chapter 10 ➛Colourless

Grindelwald's P.O.V (Third Person)

There was nothing. No engraving. He sat slumped in his office chair, staring at the wall. Could there be another possibility? Could it be a fake?

He closed his eyes and shook his head. Stop thinking about it. You've got proof now it's not true, he told himself.

But there are too many similarities, it can't be a coincidence!

He closed his eyes and sighed, rubbing them. ''I need to sleep,'' he said, however, he did not make any move to leave. No, he remained seated, staring at the wall. Maybe if it's true, she knows? Maybe that's why she's here?

He was starting to feel his mind slowing down, his head falling back as he momentarily closed his eyes. Despite his reluctance, his eyes didn't open again, and he sat there in his office chair, slumbering.

There was a knocking on the door, but he didn't hear it, he was still asleep. The door opened a few moments later and a man entered, staring at him as he slowly approached.

He stood in front of the desk with a frown and said, ''Sir?''

He shot up, staring right back at him. The man watched him surprised. ''Sir, you're bleeding,'' he said as he raised an eyebrow.

Drops of blood were dripping onto his lap and he took a second before reacting. He cursed and held his nose closed.

The man had his wand in his hand. ''Should I...?'' He stepped forward, but Grindelwald shook his head and stood up, he conjured a bowl and stood over it. ''It'll stop at some point,'' he said dismissively.

He watched him perplexed until Grindelwald snapped, ''Never seen a nosebleed before? Why are you here?'' That pulled him from his trance and he cleared his throat. ''To report, sir,'' he said as he watched Grindelwald stoically.

''It can wait, go and come back later,'' he stated. The man remained a second before leaving without a word.

It took some time before the bleeding stopped, and when it did he realized that he must've been bleeding for some time before he woke, his clothes were coated by dark, red stains.

''Dammit,'' he muttered as he took a deep breath. Rolling his eyes, he started making his way to the door.

He received several strange and concerned glances from passersby as he was striding through the corridors, trying to find his way to his quarters. His mind was currently with you, had you done this purposefully?

He shook the thought away as he entered his chambers and started taking off his stained clothes.

His neck hurt from the position in which he'd slept and it made him feel agitated. He approached the dresser to get a clean shirt when suddenly he noticed two figures walking away from the castle below.

He leaned closer to the window to try and get a better look, and his suspicions were confirmed. It was you and Alyx who were entering the woods.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

We were walking through the forest, laughing as we went. Alyx had made sure we were gone before anyone could wake. Except for Alyx's father and Grindelwald himself, maybe.

''I hate my family,'' she said as she rolled her eyes with a chuckle. I knew she was trying to be funny, but I couldn't laugh about it. A family is a blessing. Usually. It's what it should be. ''What's so bad about your family?'' I asked her with a curious glance.

I would've done anything to have grown up in a family like hers, even if it meant I couldn't be myself. Everything would be better than the orphanage.