"Oh, fantastic, threats," I gave a dry response that earned a strange scoff-sigh mix to fall from her lips, all the while I cuddled into the relatively comfortable net. "I got it, I got it, play like it's life and death, do whatever you have to to survive because you'll probably get rewarded for getting the teachers' approval, especially if it's some rando like you're describing," I yawned closing my eyes.

         "Annoyingly perspective," She mumbled, making me snicker and give an actual attempt to wake up. The icy morning air helping as I was still soaked.

         "Just annoying,"

         "One more tip," She glared, "This isn't strictly a true magic exercise, it's a survival and resourceful one, use whatever you've got to, don't be afraid to get down and dirty, desperate is best."

           Rolling onto my back I looked at her and found she was looking at a piece of notebook paper. Well, and here I thought I was special. Rolling my eyes I sighed and rubbed my face. Putting together the fact that everyone was given different tidbits it didn't take much longer to figure out we were supposed to put our heads together.

        Okay, well, I'm keeping half of those to myself.

         "Why are you leaving a trail of glass?" She asked, glancing up from her clipboard. Looking at my hands I found glass falling between the holes of the net.

          "Too much mana, it happens sometimes," I waved her off while the transparent dragon ate every piece I happened to drop. Sure, the thing was easily bigger than a horse at this point but I didn't know how big my party was going to be and it couldn't fly with more than three people. Which was pushing it, so, logically, I'm going to make the beast bigger.

        Mind you, when we got to the large open field, I was not the only one with nothing more than their nightwear. I may have seen one person with slippers. With the sun hardly peaking over the horizon, students with nothing to protect their feet, no equipment insight, they had us out here in wet grass freezing.

          Sadists as usual.

            Watching the indents in the grass while my dragon walked in front of me- not even ten feet from my dean the earth elite, who glanced in its direction only to narrow his eyes without stopping his announcement.

          Elites were good. It was annoying. Hey, no, bad, don't think like that.

        Rubbing my palm along my brow I sighed, hugging myself as I shivered, my feet quickly growing numb, and most annoyingly, I was aware of a habit I had to break. I swear I have a death wish. Reminding myself of where I was and what was happening I looked back to the indents in the frosty grass.

         Hmm, it had to have had its side turned to me- I was probably just between its neck and shoulder. Glancing away as names started being called and groups paired up I listened carefully. Groups consisting of three. With my name what it was and a lack of tack via the elite, my group was called last.

          Me being closest to the elite, leaving the two to come to me while I noted who they were. A barbarian and a fighter. Two classic lead classes. Actually, two of the more common ones- or, well one. Barbarians weren't uncommon but they weren't common either. Not the point. They're both very big and I'm patting myself on the back for feeding my dragon.

          "You have ten minutes to flee before your respected hunter will start hunting you, go!" He called, with no other warning everyone bolting. My group included.

          My legs rushed into action, the cold wet ground sending a jolt up my feet and slowing me down as I tried not to slip. The dragon appeared with a growl, my teammates faltering at the familiar being. Alex even turned to me to beg but it was too late.

           Kicking off its wing I twisted my body and threw myself onto its back as I had practiced countless times. Rearing onto its hind legs, Alex actually making an attempt to run while Adrian paused to watch his attempt, unsure himself as to whether this was a good idea; only for it to roar and his body to turn. An attempt to follow after Alex quickly made.

           Many others halted their escape to see what just gave such a blood-curdling sound, some even reeling back in shock, others falling. It didn't take a second for its claws to form and latch onto the two that shouted their complaints but it simply banked hard- going straight up with no regard to the protests.

            Ten minutes wouldn't typically get you far in unknown terrain but I was on dragon back and we both knew this forest quite well. As if I was going to get caught. I couldn't afford that, not after all the failing marks I've been racking up. I'd rather die.