Chapter 3

I have to say, had I not captured the locations of my classes yesterday, I don't think I would have been able to survive the day. I completely avoided the cafeteria after arising from my near-death sleep and dragged my heavy satchel to my first class, though I expected more people than those that showed up to class.

       Even then, I may have been a little over-prepared but I was not going from my locker to each of my classes, as literally none of my classes were next to my locker and it was simply easier to carry all my materials.

          Now, I was prepared for death, as one should always be, but the teacher was late. More than late. Halfway through class late. When he did saunter in like he wasn't late the elf had the audacity to say what he did, "More than I thought," He hummed, seeming surprised, "Well, I'll be your teacher for language basics this year,"

       With my notebook out and quill in hand, I watched him write the language name on the board. In said language. I felt my brow twitch but I didn't say anything. How was I supposed to know what it said if it was not in the common tongue? Or at least something else I knew how to read?

        You wanna know what he did when he noticed someone raise their hand? Raised a brow and smirked, immediately writing at an inhuman speed, leaving my wrist to cramp and everyone to panic. He didn't give us any time to write it all down before he'd wipe it clean and start anew. I could practically feel my brain melting out of my ear as I had to pick between listening and writing.

        Praying I could use my notes to fill in the words he was saying I focused on the writing and continued to completely murder my wrist and hand. It continued to the next class and the one after that. Each teacher late as could be only to shove things I wasn't going to remember down my throat.

           The only things remaining in my head being what a few classes meant. It was sad. Lunch had me hiding in the bathroom crying with many others, I'm not exaggerating either. It was cramped but none of us were gonna cry outside and for some reason I found myself clinging onto another blubbering girl until the bell rang and the lot of us were forced to go to our next classes by a herd of teachers. Who couldn't seem to care about all of our tears, some even telling us to wipe our noses with disgust.

           The only teachers to show up on time were those in charge of the physical classes. And they were just as cruel. I threw up three times in the span of a single period and was forced to go to the nurse's office after passing out much like many of the others that had to suffer the wrath of sadistic teachers who wouldn't even bat a lash at our pain.

         The moment I regained consciousness, I was forced to drink a large glass of water and sent off to my next class. Hand-to-hand wasn't kind either. I was back in the nurse's office within the first two minutes with a broken nose and cracked ribs. I wasn't good at hand to hand, I was more of the 'run for your life' kinda person.

           It was a joke at first, then a possibility, but now? I think I really might end up dying here. Probably in a pool of my own tears. Maybe some blood.

        When I had gotten up the next morning, after successfully crying myself to sleep, and found that my shoes were missing I didn't even try to keep them in as I made my way to the cafeteria, barefoot and with tears streaming down my face. I did find them, about six periods into the day with my feet feeling as if I had walked across coals, they were in a tree, unfortunate words I had hoped were not going to be a thing scratched into the tree.

      'Why not just eat the glass' Was it clever? No. Was it a direct insult to my magic, meaning I could report it. Technically also no. Were my shoes still in the tree? Yes. So, with heavy limbs and throbbing feet, I climbed the tree. I doubt it was a first year, considering we've all been too busy to act like literal toddlers, but I couldn't think of why any other year would know. Only those in my magic classes should know.

         Hissing, my foot slipping and a warm fluid making me frown I sniffled and pulled myself onto the branch my boots were hanging off of. Crawling along it I pale when I heard a crack. Looking behind me, still as I could be, I found the branches inners out and with a yelp, I was falling with the branch.