Chapter 37

"You were the first group to make it past the fourth day, not to mention the points you racked up," A low whistle found my ears as I sighed at the annoying teacher that had been following me around for my entire free day. I have only had one day of my break so far and she's pestering me for the whole thing. "You summoned the White freaking Stag," my book snapped shut at that one. My peaceful time in the library was no longer that, leaving me to get to my feet and simply walk away.

          "Lilith Windsor, talk of the teachers, how she took charge of her group, helping the other students without a second thought, how she ran from countless professors without a hitch, forcing her very own hunter to call in backup over a so-called demon she summoned- but after cracking her core and suffering a mana crash she summoned the holiest beast there ever was." She contiuned, making me stop and turn to glare at her from over my shoulder. She just grinned at my reaction. "Then her father comes in and turns the very school on its head, ruffling the feathers of our very own dean without much effort, her father that isn't even a war type leaving the elite to need more than a few healers to recover from whatever it was that he did,"

         "What do you want?" I snapped running my hand through my hair with a sigh.

         "You're a glass mage," She stated, making me scoff and continue my way out. "Ah ah ah," She blocked me earning another glare, "Your father's a space mage," narrowing my eyes, the statement a question in its own right. "You were born from magic, not from body," Clicking my tongue, the conversation going to a place that would end with some blood on my part from an action I would cause.

        "What do you want?" I repeated again, the topic not one I haven't heard before, only, I was as unamused by it as my father.

        "The Windsor house is one that supports a single child tradition." She continued, not getting to the point. Just trying to piss me off. "How is it you still look like him?" Oh, she really was trying to piss me off.

         "Can you for once in your life just chill the f-"

         "You have a cousin as well, I hear he's a rogue, goes to Panther, people talk about how similar you guys look, some questioning that single child-"  So she didn't dig stuff up, my glare dissipating with a sigh, merely stepping around her. Cutting her off by the action. She was a commoner, a support teacher to a lead she did not like, she wouldn't be able to find out that. So she was talking to someone else, someone that wanted to piss me off. Someone I could guess. Rolling my eyes at the childishness of my dean I was grabbed by the shoulder, an exasperated Isabelle staring at me. Clearly not expecting my quick disposal of the hostile emotions.

         "Look, it's messed up that you're trying to pick a fight with someone more than ten years younger than you, topic was definitely a good idea, I'll give you that, but it was my mother that was born a Windsor, she may have stepped down and let my father be the head but I am perfectly fit for my position, she's only ever had one child, body or magic, so back off, yeah?" I knocked the wrist, removing her grip from me with a flat look.

          "You look more like your father-"

          "I'm well aware of that fact, it's called a surrogate and it's perfectly acceptable, it doesn't even affect my standing, my mother is my mother and my father is my father, his magic may be incompatible with hers but that does not change the fact," I pressed, it had been somewhat of a relief that their magic was incompatible to me actually, it removed the risk of being replaced. My brother wasn't of Windsor blood so he couldn't take it either, I was the only one who could.

         "At least get mad-"

         "I'm plenty angry as it is, now, for the last time, what do you want?" I crossed my arms, tucking my book under my arm, and looked her over, the continued pressing even after making me think maybe it wasn't the dean. Edward was probably still licking his ego anyway.

         "... Come back to class, before you fall behind," She sighed earning a skeptical look as I ran my eyes over her defeated self.

       "Who told you about my family, situation," I went with instead of acknowledging her sad attempt at being nice. She narrowed her eyes at me before crossing her arms and looking away from me.

        "I found out myself,"

        "You did not, the only thing you can do is beat people half your age," I bit at the woman who glared at me for real.

        "A different teacher," She answered honestly making my brow twitch.

        "The rogue?" She jumped at the accusation making me narrow my eyes. So it was him, huh?

        "It's freaky that you figured that out,"

        "You say everything I do is freaky,"

         "That's cause you're a fucking freakshow,"

       "Why'd you want to make me mad?"

       "... So you knew that you needed to get back to class," Scoffing again I turned to leave. She wanted to pick a fight so she could beat me so I would have to get back to class. She wanted to remind me that I was weak. How nice of her.

       "So who was the surrogate?" She asked, rushing after me. Ignoring her without a glance I easily maneuvered the crowd she was apparently not used to. She wasn't a lead teacher, they weren't going to move around her. "Wait- hold on- oh for the love of-" She was quickly swept into the current while I moved against it with limited difficulties.