He clenches his jaw as he takes position across from me. He takes the first swing, I drop and duck, swiping low with the dagger. He easily back steps it and swipes with his foot. I stumble but catch myself before falling.

"Nice of you to finally show up," he grumbles.

He swings his leg again mid chest, I bring my forearms up to block and manage to deflect the hit but the blow still makes me stagger. Another quick jab and left hook has me nearly to the wall.

"Derek ease up some yeah?" Dex cuts in but Derek is on a mission and tunes him out.

He swings again and I'm too slow to deflect properly catching a glancing blow on my ribs. I grab his wrist but he twists pulling me back towards him.

I snap and lash out with my right dagger landing it with a sickening thunk in his ribs. The impact stopped us in our track as he gasps and staggers back.

"Oh my god Derek! I'm so sorry, I just lost control," I stammer, shocked.

"Not bad princess," he gasps as he grips the dagger.

"No, don't pull it out, we need to get you to doc," I say panicked.

"Relax, Mack can handle this," he says pulling the dagger out. My eyes went wide as the blood started to flow freely. Instantly Mack grasped his wrist and I felt the energy shift as she gave him a push. I sunk to the ground feeling a bit light headed.

"You ok luv?" Dex asked kneeling next to me. I just nodded. "We've done way worse to each other, Guardian training is rough. You need to tap into that fire to train. He's right, you're too busy holding back."

"It's all good princess, I'm good as new," Derek says sitting down next to me. I glance up and see the pink skin covering the wound and breath a sigh of relief.

"Sara's right, you hold back so much in training and act completely different in the field," he muses. "Why?"

"I don't know," I say with a shrug.

"I've been pushing you to hit harder all night and nothing, something changed, we need to be able to recreate it," Derek trails off.

"I don't know, I just snapped and reacted, I didn't mean to," I apologize.

"There's nothing to apologizes for, training can get rough, you're going to land hits and you're going to take em. You need to commit and not hold back, your mind is slowing you down." He explains.

"I'll try. It's just hard, the field like you say it's different, I'm just reacting to someone trying to kill me usually. It's hard to purposely hurt someone," I trailed off, feeling embarrassed. They must think I'm pathetic, they do this all the time without a second thought.

"Aw such a tender lass," Dex says with a grin. I just groaned at him.

With that tonight's training was done and we headed back upstairs settling in the living room and watching tv. In no time I was out.

-----

The following morning I woke up in bed, Chris must have put me to bed as I was just in his tshirt and panties. I've never been a particularly sound sleeper, so for someone to carry me upstairs and undress me without waking up feels odd.

I get up and stretch my sore muscles before heading to shower. I think I could just live in this giant stone shower, lord knows it's half the size of my bedroom.

The kitchen is mostly empty apparently everyone's either out training or cleaning up from training.

"What would you like for breakfast?" Laura asks.