Chapter 28

Adora's POV

My hands were shaky as I went to dial Catra's phone number, everything was going perfect today with Glimmer. How could have something like this happen out of the blue? If only I could reverse time and make sure this never happened at all...

*Flashback To Earlier Today*

"Hey, Glimmer!" I said cheerfully, getting into the car after waving goodbye to Catra. I looked into the rearview mirror to see Glimmer with her arms crossed and a frown.

"W-What?" I asked.

"You sure took your time with Catra" She sneered.

I blushed, "Y-Yeah, sorry about that! I was just saying goodbye, you have all my attention!"

"Fine, you promise!" She huffed.

"Promise!" I smiled, but secretly shooting a text to Catra telling her not to miss me too much, which she replied quickly with her casual remarks.

A couple of minutes of our texting, I could hear Glimmer rambling on about how Bow was talking with a girl and acting like they are best friends.

"..Yea...and she was like...touch...Ugh," I only heart bits and pieces of what she was talking about, since I was texting Catra about me in a suit, and quickly blushing from her calling me hot.

"ADORA!" A sudden voice screamed.

I jumped and almost threw my phone across the front of the car, "Y-Yes?!"

"You promised!" She retorted.

I sighed and threw my phone away from me, "Sorry, yes. I did, what was that about Bow?"

"You know what," She said, then grabbed my phone. My eyes widened, knowing that she knew my phone password all too well.

"Glimmer!" I yelled trying to grab her phone from the front seat.

"Adora, seat belt," Glimmer's mom said.

"Sorry, Angella" I apologized, clipping the seatbelt into the hold. Then trying to grab the phone once again from Glimmer.

"Pleeease, Glimmer!" You don't wanna see our texts.

"Oh, don't worry. I already did, and I left a gift for Catra" Glimmer laughed, tossing my phone into my lap then looking back towards the road.

I gulped and unlocked my phone to see the text she had sent Catra. It read, 'CATRA STOP TAKING ADORA FROM ME! GLIMMER TIME FOR DRESS SHOPPING, NOT CATRA TIME TO BE A HORNY BASTARD'.

Which Catra answered, with once again spelling her name out wrong again.

"Haha, Glitzy" I snorted.

"What?" Glimmer asked confused.

"Catra called you 'Glitzy!" I replied.

"That little-" She was about to insult her, but she remembered her mom was right there.

"So..Adora, who is the special person?" Angella asked.

I blushed and shot Catra a quick text of an apology before I answered her question. I shoved my phone into my pocket, "Uh, it's a girl. I think I remember telling you about her in middle school. Catra?"

"Oh right, her, isn't she the one that you used to know back in Elementary school?" She said, focusing on the rode.

"Mhm"