Chapter 19

Catra's POV

I watched Adora's body fall to the ground lifelessly making me heart drop, as I rushed toward her body. The knife that was impaled into her back made me grimace at the sight. I held her body close to mine clenching it tight as I looked up at the person who stabbed her.

"What the fuck did you just do!" I yelled being on my knees still holding Adora in my arms.

I saw him look down at his hands in horror as he dropped the knife running his hand over his face awkwardly. 

"I-I just stabbed a person" He gasped looking at the knife wounded in Adora's back.

I moved Adora onto my back and glared at him, "Damn right, you did!"

I didn't give him a chance to respond, instead, I rushed into the parking lot not hearing footsteps behind me luckily. Which meant that he had no intention of following me now. I sprinted over to my motorcycle and positioned myself so that Adora was still holding tight onto my back as I put my motorcycle into drive.

As we rode down the streets, I felt my heart racing in anticipation. The vision of Adora getting stabbed replayed in my mind, all I could think of was that and wanting the hospital to show up already.

"Come on, Adora" I can't lose you, I mumbled feeling the tears in my eyes push back against my face because of the wind.

"I can't.." I repeated.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I stayed in the waiting room for what felt like hours. When I brought Adora to the hospital she had blood all over her back. She was instantly taken to the emergency room, unfortunately, I haven't gotten much news back.

*flashback*

"Please help!" I sobbed, dragging her body into the hospital. I saw a bunch of nurses surround our bodies as I dropped us both to the ground from exasperation.

Everything around us felt numb, I couldn't hear anything around me either. Everything sounded muffled, the only thing I could hear or really see clearly was Adora's body that laid numb, I felt someone drag me into a chair and Adora put into a stretcher and taken away into the ER.

But before she was put rolled into the Emergency room, I swear I saw her mouth my name slowly. I squinted my eyes to get a closer look but the doors closed behind them before I could even see her face again.

I slumped into the chair and shoved my head in my hands and began to let out small sobs, knowing all I could do is just wait for her to come back. What if she died? This is all my fault...If I had just warned her...

Before, I knew it. I closed my eyes and began to feel my body become heavy as I began to fall into a deep sleep.

*end of flashback* 

I played with the bracelet on my wrist as I continued to wait for the doctor to ever come out of the ER to tell me that Adora was okay. What if the news wasn't good? All I could think of was the possible outcomes the doctor would tell me. I watched my leg bouncing up and down nervously as I bit my lip. 

I then looked over at my backpack, which had something that caught my eye. I gulped nervously and reached out my hand to touch the jacket that Adora had to give me during first period today. I sniffled, and couldn't even begin to explain the guilt I felt. Even when I was an asshole to Adora today, she still gave me her jacket. 

I gripped the jacket and held it close to me as I shoved my face into it, I felt a small warmth of happiness in my chest as the scent of Adora entered my nose. It reminded me of Adora, and how close we have gotten lately, but I never thought something like this would happen.