Chapter 22

Adora's POV

It had been a few days since I had first entered the hospital. Today's the day I figure out if I'm able to use my shoulder. I hope I can since losing the ability to use my shoulder would probably be the most annoying thing in the world. I would have to adjust to a new lifestyle, and I'm not up for that.

I'm mostly worried about Catra, and that fight club. I don't want her to go in on her own, even though I said that I'm fine with it now, but deep down. I'm going in with her, with or without a working shoulder. I wish that Mrs. Grant could have just chosen someone else, or just let us not do it anymore. I don't understand why she needs that ring so much, I guess the best thing we're going to be getting out of this is that we get know where Shadow Weaver is.

Although, many things have been going on in my mind lately. Mostly relating to Catra, she was going the whisper something in my ear that day the doctor and Mrs. Grant had come in. I couldn't exactly make up the words she was going to say, I've been meaning to ask Catra about it.

But there was something else, that makes my heart race almost every time I remember it. The kiss that we shared on the balcony of the hospital room, almost felt unreal. It's something I always want to remember, and feel. Catra and I have been acting a little awkward around each other ever since then. Not that talking is a problem, were completely fine with that. But, every time we get close...physically, she tends to back down.

I'm tired of being awkward with Catra, I'm tired of sitting in this room with her and having an awkward silence every minute. And being in this cramped room isn't helping with it.I sighed and looked down at my clenched fists, I frowned trying to think of something else other than my awkwardness with Catra. Something then came into mind that made me almost jump in my seat, I haven't made any contact with Bow and Glimmer for the past week! They must be worried sick about me, I frantically looked around to spot my phone on a table charging.

I rolled my eyes, at least It is in arms-length so I don't have to make a whole table scene. I looked over at my left shoulder and made a squinting eye at it as if I was challenging it to start moving. I looked over at my phone and leaned over slightly and brought my left hand up lightly. I noticed there was no pain at the angle it was at, so I decided to test it and bring it up higher making my shoulder roll slightly. I gritted my teeth as the familiar pain came back, I raised my arm just a bit higher and almost screeched in pain as I finally latched onto my phone.

I was waiting for the pain to reduce as my arm stayed in the same position while holding onto my, but it never did. I slowly moved my arm back and tossed my phone onto my lap and quickly moved my arm into a comfortable position making me sigh in relief. I guess the pain in my shoulder is still there, and I can just barely lift my arm without it hurting. There's some progress?I rubbed my shoulder and laid back, still having leftover pins and needles.

"Your shoulder alright?" I heard someone say.

I slightly opened my eyes to see Catra holding a tray, I looked her up and down with lidded eyes seeing she was wearing just a plaid black flannel with her sleeves rolled up, and black jeans. I would be lying if I said she wasn't hot in the basic outfit she was wearing.

I didn't notice I was staring until Catra coughed. My eyes quickly snapped to her eyes and gave her an apologetic smile.