Part 2 - Angel x Child!Fem!Reader

Happy Ending?
This is a sequel to the other part of this story that I published a few months back, so I advise you read that one first. Requested by Sunflower_Children. <3
-
Early morning light sifted through the gaps in the blinds to Angel's bed, where Y/N was currently sleeping. The rays dotted her face as Y/N sleepily sat up to rid herself of the pesky light source.

'Ange-' She was about to call out for Angel but she got interrupted by a yawn erupting from her own mouth. Clutching the blanket, she loosely threw it to the side and got out of bed, a small thump emitting from the ground when she jumped down.

The morning haze still clouding her vision, Y/N opened the ajar door and walked down the hallway to what she thought was the lobby.

Angel was at the entrance to the hotel and was presumably talking to some other demon by the way his voice was hushed. Y/N questioned what Angel was doing and thus wiped the sleep from her eyes, bounding up to him.

'Remember Angie, this evening you have a full schedule, don't be late.'

'Hi Angel!' Y/N said, holding his hand that was dropped to his side and which she noticed was eerily cold.

'Hello sweetheart.' The strange demon at the door said, he was dressed strangely to Y/N, he wore a fur lined coat with a puffy collar and cuffs, hearts imprinted on the material. He also wore a red jacket with a zebra print undercoat with a matching top hat. The odd demeanour the demon carried frightened Y/N, his aura was slightly threatening and although he wore a smile, it did not disguise the hate that he harboured for small children, especially in his best employee's care.

Retracting her previous grasp on Angel's hand, she backed away, offering the stranger a lopsided frown. The demon, not noticing or just not acknowledging, approached the child, bringing his smiling face closer.

'Ooh, so who do we have here, I've always been so fond of children~' This however was an obvious lie, which a person who just looked inwardly could blatantly see, through his gritted teeth and balled fist.

Y/N sunk back, hiding behind Angel's boot. She looked up at Angel for any indication this demon was a friend or a threat, but his expression just read blank; he offered furrowed eyebrows and purses lips.

He hesitated slightly but by being under the condescending observation of the other demon, he answered him.
'This is Y/N.'

'Hmm, what a pretty name, ah, well I should be going now.' The other demon almost growled, but still bore his grin, and climbed into the limousine that bordered the pavement.

Before he fully left Angel's presence, he offered him a sharp stare, to which Angel promptly shut the door to. Y/N watched as he put a swift hand to his chest, sighing with relief that supposedly his encounter was over.

'Who was that scary person?' Y/N queried.

'Just my boss, Valentino.' Angel didn't share any more information as he deducted she wouldn't understand, instead opting to make Y/N breakfast.

-

Later in the day, Y/N and Angel were in the lobby, she was playing with some makeshift dolls Niffty was able to fix her and Angel was assisting her with playing with some weird voodoo doll that Alastor 'kindly' gave to Y/N. The air in the hotel was surprisingly pleasant, the atmosphere seemed to lift whenever Y/N was around as she carried a rather uplifting characteristic about her, which nobody could quite identify. Most residents of the hotel were strewn about the sofas and chairs, either watching the encounter or being preoccupied with another task. Onlookers always had a soft smile planted on their face when Y/N was here, almost as if her very presence of purely existing brought joy to their face.