Vox x Fem!Neko!Reader

Fake confidence and real kindness.

Requested by @emptyfeildsaus78, I hope this story is to your liking. Admittedly, I did have some problems coming up with a plot and I did take a while, I apologise. ♡

'So Voxy, I hope you wouldn't mind but I volunteered your services today to interview a couple girls for a new porn star position.'

Vox sighed, watching as Valentino, his best friend and business partner, sprawled out on the magenta, plush sofa opposite. His trademark heart shape glasses fell down slightly, his eyebrows visibly raised as he awaited Vox's reply to the situation.

Frankly, Vox was pissed.

'Now, now, no need to give me that death stare, it'll only be a few hours.' Valentino attempted to reassure his friend.

'Why couldn't you get some mindless demon to do your bidding for you?' Vox crossed his arms.

Valentino stood up, opting to slide over to where Vox was sitting and leaned on his shoulder half hazardously, it seemed as if he wanted to gesture a friendly motion, but that was quickly thrown out the window when Vox glared at him with increased intensity.

'Voxy, your the only demon I could trust with the very important job of deciding what girls will be lucky enough to start at my wonderful establishment.' Valentino said casually.

'Fine I'll do it, not that you leave me much choice anyway, and, it's OUR "wonderful" establishment.' Vox got up to gather his belongings for the event.

'Great, good luck,' Valentino clapped his hands together, giving his business partner a sly grin before he parted ways and went into the mess of corridors that was the porn studio building.

Vox didn't know exactly what he needed the good luck for but with some scattered thoughts of what he was to do, he hastily headed to the meeting place.

-

As the hours went by, it became painfully evident why Val offered Vox good luck. The process itself was boring, the same old girls, they were all qualified for the job but Vox knew Valentino wanted someone.. different.

The business was slowing down lately, everyone seemingly uninterested with the new content they put out. During these times, they definitely needed someone to rake in demons' interest again.

Vox was currently trying to balance an eraser on the top of a pen while his interviewee was droning on about non specific things. The guards, sensing his obvious boredom, stated the girl to leave as she was 'dismissed'.

The girl was rightfully annoyed, but left the quaint office without much rebuttal.

'Bring in the next girl.'

Vox's eyes peered upwards at the new demon in front of him, she didn't seem to be the sort of person to apply for jobs like this but he digressed, gesturing to the girl to sit down.

While he was fiddling through the numerous amount of paperwork that dotted his desk, his eyes wondered to the girl.

One of her most discernible features were her cat ears that slightly twitched with every action she took. Her tail swooped the floor in wide motions at intervals as her eyes darted between Vox and some obscure place on the floor.

It was obvious she was nervous, the way she hugged her body with her arms in a comforting manner was a telltale sign.

Having vain hope in this girl, Vox began with the normal openings:

'What's your name?'

'Y/N.' She replied, gaining to courage to look Vox in the eye.

'So, Y/N, why do you want this position in the porn studio?' Vox queried, leaning his head against his hands.

She sighed, her hair fanning upwards for a second as she moved her hand to brush strands of hair from her face.

'Well, I think I'll be a good fit!'

Her whole clause reeked of fake confidence as Vox raised his left eyebrows, essentially sending the message: 'we both know that's bullshit.'

Her breath hitched in her throat as she hesitated for a while, mentally debating the subject at hand. After, she began offloading her concerns onto Vox, as much as she wanted to stop, words were tumbling out of her mouth faster than she could comprehend.

'I've been struggling with money problems, I'm in quite a bit of debt and the rent keeps on getting higher and I can't land a consistent job and-'

'Shhhhhh,' Vox swiftly interrupted Y/N's rambling, glaring at her menacingly. However, his gaze softened at her frightened nature.

'So,' he shuffled pages on his desks together in a neat pile, 'you only want this job for the pay?'

Y/N nodded slowly, as if scared to make any sudden movements while Vox continued.

'Isn't it unfair how such pure people could end up in here, in this hellhole no less,' he laughed shallowly, 'piled in with the rest of us lowly sinners, you know, it's almost laughable.'

Silence fell in the air once again, Y/N opening her mouth to say something but closing it when Vox swivelled his chair around to the computer. While he was typing furiously he began talking,

'I might be a demon, Y/N, but I have a moral compass, albeit a bit fucked up at times but..'

His sentence trailed off as he seemingly focused on something particular on the screen, that needed his full attention. Y/N looked on, eager to see what he was doing; however, with the way the computer was positioned, it obstructed her view fully.

Vox stopped typing and grandly presses the enter button on the keyboard,

'Oh look! A new receptionist place has just opened up!'

Y/N barely had a moment to react, to even speak a word to the overlord, before Vox signalled the two guards to dismiss her. Her mouth still figuratively open as she was ushered out the door hurriedly.

'Before you go, you start at 7am tomorrow.'