Arackniss x Fem!Yami!Spider!Reader

Love in the most unexpected of places.

(Arackniss' POV)

I laid, crumpled, against the discoloured wall of my apartment as the changes in my body peaked, invading my mind with shameful thoughts. A layer of glossy shine encased my body, the salty drops of sweat falling down my face. My crinkled shirt was open, revealing my chest as I wiped away the beads of sweat on my forehead.

It was mating season.

All of a sudden, my phone buzzed, I redirected my attention to the source. The screen lit up with a message from Angel from the sibling chat, consisting of Angel, Molly and I. Shifting slightly from my current position, I read the text.

'Hey family shitheads, lets go somewhere in 5, meet ya guys at the central countdown tower. You don't have a choice :)'

I groaned, he was such a bother sometimes, I don't even have anything in common with Angel and Molly, he'll probably drag me to a porn studio, knowing him.

Begrudgingly, I returned the text, accepting the invitation as I hastily buttoned up my inky black shirt and composed myself. I wore my chartreuse rimmed hat and my long, medieval looking trousers that cropped right above my knee joint. Fixating my bow tie, I ran one of my hands through my drooping black hair, overhanging my eyes.

I tucked my phone inside a concealed pocket in my shirt and exited my apartment, making my way to the countdown tower, kicking lone pieces of rock along the pavement.

'Hey Arackniss!' A shrill voice shouted at me, Molly immediately grabbed one of my arms and wrapped it around hers. She jumped up and down slightly, excited about the 'fun family bonding time' we were going to have.

'Angel isn't here yet..' I began, leaning against the tower.

'Well, that's Angel, isn't it?' Molly reasoned, 'always had to take care of some business, he'll be here soon enough though!'

Speak of the devil, the spider stumbled in our direction, looking backwards as he supposedly was finishing off a conversation with another demon, I rolled my multiple eyes at him.

'Hey Molls!' He turned to me, 'hi Arackniss.'

I flicked my hair up as I unwrapped my arms from Molly's,
'So, what are we doing, since you've dragged me out here.'

Angel scratched the skin at the back of his neck,
'Honestly, I don't know, was thinking we could go to the porn st-'

'No.' I received a glare from Angel as Molly tried to ease the tension between us.

'Oh! We can do a makeover! Fashion and makeup, it'll be so fun! I know a place downtown that does all that!' She suggested, bobbing up and down slightly.

'Well, I'm down.' Angel said,
'I guess it's better than the Porn Studios.' Molly took my hand once again and dragged me in the direction of the shop.

'This is going to be amazing!' She yelled, punching the air, her voice becoming somehow, more high pitched.

As we neared the building, I inspected it and its naturally annoying atmosphere as the blaring sign advertised high quality clothing and make up. Neon lights aggressively lit up the displays in the glass, the luminosity becoming blinding in a matter of seconds. The building wasn't too bad I suppose, it seemed fairly maintained, only a few indications of cracking in the plaster and the few trees that surrounded the property that entwined around the columns.

Angel opened the door for us,
'Ladies first.'

He flashed his mischievous grin that was all too familiar at this point, I retaliated with a scowl, somewhat starting to become a trademark action of mine. As we went inside, Molly and Angel seemed dazzled by the sheer amount of variant shades of colours garments that aligned the shelves. The main area was of numerous aisles of clothing, a queue for the cash registers to the far right, fittings room opposite them.