Part 9 - Husk x FallenAngel!Reader

'Bye Husk!' Y/N was leaning on the doorframe, clutching a handbag that Charlie lent her.

'See ya,' I mumbled, watching her carefully close the door, as she waved at me till the door closed. I shook my head, chuckling slightly - how can she keep smiling?

I suppose it's an art I haven't mastered yet, to keep smiling even when she's in Hell, even when she was thrown out of Heaven for whatever reason?

Who could be so foolish to kick her out?

I headed inside, grabbing some liquor that I abandoned in the inside shelf in the bar and headed to my room to get a hangover, what else was I suppose to do when Y/N was gone? Taking a sip, it suddenly occurred to me if she was safe, roaming the streets with terrible, cut throat demons all around her and I wasn't there.

If something were to happen to her, I doubt I'd be able to forgive myself. I don't even know why I was worrying, why would I care?

I shook the unfamiliar feeling, mentally reasoning with myself that she is safe with Charlie, Vaggie and Niffty since the little cyclops can get pretty 'vicious' sometimes.

I grumbled thoughtfully for a moment, dragging my claws around the rim of the bottle, creating a rather annoying noise.

'Y/N..'

My ears perked up at the mention of her name and the indecipherable whispers that followed afterwards, it seems as if the noises came from down the corridor. Alastor's door was left ajar, a peculiar miasma seeping out from underneath the door. I peeked inside, my left ear twitching noticeably with the new threat.

His room was in disarray, piles of enchanted books scattered across the area, some floating by a black vapour that Alastor controlled by movement in his fingers. Shadows swarmed around him in incredibly close proximity to him, they emitted a slightly red aura. All of them started chanting 'Y/N' simultaneously, each with the same monotone voice and robotic pronunciation as they grew eyes. The eyes were impossibly wide, their pupils being small and vibrated with every motion, the veins were visible and slightly unnerving. Alastor was sitting on the floor cross legged, books surrounding him as if he was performing a satanic ritual, the shadows flicking through books and scrolls with their sharpened claws.

I backed away and stumbled upon my wings that hadn't quite caught up with my body yet. Falling to the floor, I pushed my body against the wall to try and stabilise my current condition and discovery. My eyes remained on Alastor, who noticed the clamour, his head snapping in my direction immediately. His eyes flashed with something wild, sparks of red amongst his pupils as he approached me, with a click of his heel, he dismissed the shadows, now focusing on me.

'I knew you were up to something,' I growled, my snarl getting hitched at the back of my throat, 'Don't you dare touch her, you bastard.'

'Oh!' Alastor held his glare more intensely as he slightly danced on his toes, 'I will do nothing of the sort Husker, just need to make a few deals here and there'. He checked his nails in a causal manner.

'And..' He grabbed fur by my neck, lifting me up from the ground as I felt his cold breath against my whiskers, 'YOU WON'T GET IN MY WAY.'

He threw me across the corridor, the breath being battered out of my lungs as I hit the wall, my limbs becoming limp, trying to examine the multiple bruises that adorned my back.

'You monster!' I yelled, pouncing on him.

The black miasma crawled out from under the door and curled around my neck, cutting off my air supply, I reached my arms out, my claws curled in a scratching gesture. Alastor was a few inches away from me as my arms outstretched in a weak attempt at attacking him.

'Tut tut tut,' He wagged his finger in a derogatory motion, 'we can't have that, can we?'

Without much deliberation, the dark mist around my neck threw me into a small room at the end of the corridor as I flapped my wings to try and beat them away, to no avail. I was carelessly tossed into the bleak room, my brain feeling like it was being shredded from the inside in a crazed frenzy when Alastor gave me a final flash of his malicious grin while he was walking away, knowing full well there was no one at the hotel to get me out, his sharp canines metaphorically giving me the message, 'you're totally fucked'.

I was trapped. I was going to stay here for all eternity. And the worst part of all of it - I was going to let Y/N succumb to his malefic deals, that practically sealed her fate in his immaculate little claws. A cry came from my mouth in a mixture of anger and hatred for Alastor and my pathetic self. Being trapped in a tall room with no accessible window, except a small one at the top, that I couldn't possible get up to. Even if I could, I don't think I could bear to face her, knowing I failed her.

I violently shook, anger possessing me in a way I never thought was possible. I sunk to the floor, the palms of my paws resting against the smooth concrete.

She was there for me. And I wasn't there for her.

I will be there for her.

Flapping my wings with large movements, I gathered quite a substantial amount of wind. Lifting very slightly above the ground and swaying unstably, my left wing moved in a different direction, causing me to swiftly collide with the wall. My body battered against it, descending in a downward spiral to the floor, I couldn't fly. I knew I couldn't.

I tried again and again, every attempt meeting the same miserable outcome of the last, bruises started forming along my side, the pain being engulfed with sheer willpower. Sheer willpower that I will see her again.

I knew I couldn't fly, but that won't stop me.

But, alas, it will.

Then, it all came out in a flood, the unchecked tears burst forward, flowing down my cheeks. My muscles seemed to weaken as my chin trembled, I used my arm to wipe away the water. I stared aimlessly at the wall, trying to gather up the courage to admit what I am.

Static crackled at the back of my mind, the constant noise enveloping my very thoughts, mimicking exactly what I reasoned.

I was expecting Alastor's voice, but I was not ready when I heard Y/N's unmistakable voice.

'You are a failure'.