Chapter 59: A wake-up call

Start from the beginning

I love you.

I mean in a no homo way.

But yeah anyways.

I hope you sleep well and see you soon :)"

Mark pressed send before he could change his mind.

And then he put his phone away and was finally able to fall asleep.

When he woke up the next morning, a new message from Haechan was already waiting for him.

It was short but it promised good news. For Mark at least.

"Sure, I also want my best friend back."

Mark was relieved.
Not knowing, what the younger was actually feeling and thinking.

Because in a few kilometers distance sat the tanned boy on his bed, rereading Mark's messages for the nth time.

He lied.

He didn't want to forget the kiss.
He wanted to be more than best friends.

It was possible for Jaemin and Jeno, so why not for them?

Because it was Mark.
And Mark would never like him back in this way.

So to at least keep his best friend, Haechan lied.

Because having Mark like this was better than not having him at all.

Haechan came back at the day of the recording in the studio.

He got greeted by his members with loving hugs but it was just like always.

Mark was there and they really acted like nothing happened.

Like Haechan's lips didn't miss the taste of Mark's soft ones. Or that Haechan's heart wasn't beating like crazy, when he thought about Mark's hands on his waist.

Pretending that nothing happened was hard but loosing Mark would be harder.

Mark felt bad.
He knew Haechan didn't like the situation but he couldn't help himself.

Deep down he knew he had feelings for the tanned boy but he wasn't ready to accept them.
Not even when his eyes wouldn't leave the younger's lips. Not even when he couldn't stop thinking about the smaller one, although they were at the same place.

Best friends was the best option, so Mark did everything to keep their friendship.

The recording was almost finished but Haechan was already done with his part.

So he went home again.
Just a few more days before he would move back to the 127 dorm.

He went to say goodbye to Mark.

Deep inside they both knew that their situation was awkward but they didn't show it.
None of the other members could tell that something had happened between them. Or more like that there was a moment, where nothing had been between them.

Haechan just wanted to say "bye" and maybe gave Mark a high five for their great work that day, like they always did.
But Haechan got surprised, when Mark suddenly engulfed him in a tight hug.

"Thank you for doing this.", Mark didn't say, what exactly he meant, but Haechan knew. Of course, he knew.
"And I am sorry", Mark was close to give Haechan a kiss on the cheek but he knew better than to confuse the younger more.

"It is okay", Haechan lied because he was in Mark's arms and didn't want to ruin that moment.

So in the end, they both seperated ways with heavy hearts and extremely confused feelings.

A few days later was the MV shooting.

Over the last few days Mark and Haechan had texted each other to make things less weird and more normal again.

And it worked for a while.

As soon as Haechan was at the set, he was his old joking self, who made his Hyungs laugh like crazy.

Especially Mark.
He missed Haechan so much and was just so happy to see him again like this that he laughed a lot and very loud.

He was also the one, who was more touchy with the younger.

Haechan would prefer to hug the other members in this cold weather, like Jaehyun or Taeil or even Doyoung, instead of going to Mark and annoy him with his skinship.
That made Mark mad.
But more mad at himself to bring them in a situation like this.

And maybe it also made him a tiny little bit jealous.
But why should he be jealous, right? He just wanted Haechan as a best friend, so he had to act like that.

"Be responsible, Mark", he told himself.

And it worked for a while too.

Jungwoo came often to him. And even if he was just as Haechan with skinship, he wasn't Haechan and Mark missed the younger so much.

Haechan was right in front of him. But still so far away.
Haechan did as he was told and still acted like a best friend.
But that was what it felt like. Like acting. Or even pretending.

Because maybe Mark was so wrong.

Maybe they weren't meant to be best friends.

Mark couldn't endure it any longer.

At the end of the MV shoot, he grabbed Haechan's arm and pulled him along with him.

"Mark-Hyung, slow down. I still can't walk that quickly.", Mark didn't say anthing but did as he was told.

When they were in a secluded area with no one around, Mark finally softened his grip on Haechan's wrist.

But not even a second later Haechan was pushed against a wall.

When Haechan looked up in Mark's eyes, he slightly gasped.
Mark's eyes held so much emotion.
He couldn't really put a finger on which emotion but he also didn't had much time to think about it.

Because Mark leaned closer and then whispered

"I need you",

before he pressed his lips on Haechan's and kissed him passionately.