༒ Eighty-seven ༒

Start from the beginning

'Did anyone else know?' I ask after a while. Olivia takes a few other books, laying them in the box before answering me.

'I've never told anyone, I'm not sure if Val has'. I sit up straight again, my dizziness coming up when I take another few books. We didn't speak about it anymore, my sister had never been able to be herself while all I could wish for at this moment was that she had been able to tell me the truth.

She hosted a Selection to hide who she was, afraid to get judged. She would've married someone she didn't love, only to please other people. Olivia takes another book out the shelve, opening it before throwing it away. I look up at her when she keeps standing like that, her eyes confused at the paper.

'Rosalia?' she asks and I stand up when she hands me a few loose papers.

'Why are these papers in her book?' I ask loud, needing an answer when I stare at the title.

'She has never read these books', Olivia says unsure.

'Ivory. The truth behind the myth', I whisper. Olivia keeps staring at me when I sit down on the bed, needing to read every detail. There was no way Valentina had torn out these pages of my book. She couldn't have.

⇺              ⇻ ♕ ⇺              ⇻

'Ivory?' Cameron asks when I hand him the pages. It was the first time since the war we had spoken again and I realised we couldn't ignore each other. I needed him.

'Read further', I urge when I walk up and down my room, too nervous. He glares at the paper, leaning back in my chair when he continuous.

'Ivory is a third island that is known for its conflicts with other Kingdoms. No one knows who rules the land, no one knows who their soldiers are because they are all covered up just like their leader: The Shadow Woman'. Cameron looks back at me, when I gesture he should read again.

'The land is separated from the rest of the world, walls are built around it from at least fifteen meters high. The island is hidden behind a thick cloud of smoke'. He stops for a moment, turning the page when he lays them down. 'Who has written that book?' He asks confused.

'A man named Alastair Greengod. I have no clue who he his'. He sighs deep, leaning over the pages again when his eyes keeps moving, truly interested in what it has to say.

'The story goes that the two founders of Ethura and Syrilia, Aurelius and Isaiah, had a younger sister who had to choose between them. But she refused and got abandoned by both of the brothers. Living on the street like many others who hadn't a home anymore. No one helped them, so the younger sister, Anthea, found another sorceress and begged her to create a place for them to live. The sorceress listened to her but therefore Anthea had to give something in return. After thinking for a long time she gave the sorceress her most personal possession, her Royalty sword. Her two brothers had the other swords and once you would bring them together, you would become the most powerful person in the world'. Cameron looks to me, his gaze confused.

'She gave her one of the Royalty swords?' He asks doubtable.

'Yes, but she has been buried with it once she died. I saw that in a vision', I explain.

'What happened after that?'

'Her brothers abandoned her even more for giving her possession to the sorceress. They send soldiers to her castle to attack her which is why she got afraid and decided to curse Ivory in order for it to be hidden behind the smoke'. We both look at each other, questioning if this was something we should believe.

'Let me get this straight. The island is hidden and cursed and right now the Shadow Woman rules over it'. I nod at his statement and he stands up, holding his hands behind his neck.

'What does that have to do with your scream?' He asks confused.

'I think the Shadow Woman has to wake up Anthea again in order to get in possession of the sword. You only can wake a founder by collecting the deathly screams', I whisper.

'Doesn't she have to collect our Royalty Sword and Syrilia's also?'

'I am sure she is trying to find them', I answer. Cameron takes place on my bed, sighing deep after hearing all of this new information.

'Why did Valentina have these papers?' he asks when I sit down next to him.

'I don't believe she knew about them. Olivia found them when we were cleaning the room'.

'I'm sorry', Cameron whispers when taking my hands in his'. I look up at him, realising how lucky I am to still share my life with the person I loved the most. Jade and Olivia weren't able to do that anymore.

'I love you', I admit.

'I love you', he whispers before laying his hand on my cheek and kissing me gentle. For the first time in a week I could feel how it was to be alive again. This time he was saving me, although he probably hadn't even realised it.