༒ Twenty-nine ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

'What if Ezra is a reason of the weird behaviour of the dragon? They are both connected to Syrilia, we can't deny that', I share my theory with Jade. Her look is tense like she always does when she's thinking about something. 'I only need that book', I mumble. 'Who knows what is written in there'.

Jade leans back in my seat, staring out of the window to the rain falling out of the sky. Everything is dark, but for some reason I enjoy these days, they make me feel safe.

'I'm not sure Ezra is connected to that dragon', she finally says, looking me right in the eyes. I sigh, knowing that she might be right. 'He is not the most pleasant one, but this was going on even before the Selection was announced. He could've never known that he had a chance to come to Ethura', she notices when I take a seat in front of her.

'It's like that dragon wants to hurt us', I say softer, thinking back of the way she spit fire to us.

'You mean like an assignment of someone?' Jade asks interested. 'Maybe', I shake my head in confusion, not knowing what to do. 'What did he let you see that night? The vision, I mean.'

'I was in a dark town full of old houses, death animals on the street and this woman ...' I stop talking for a moment, seeing it happening again. 'What did she look like?' Jade asks curious.

'I couldn't see her face. She wore a long dark cape coat, her head hid under her hood. The only thing I could see was her dark hair coming from under it', I describe the image in my head. 'She wanted to take my hand', I say slowly and see the fear in Jade's eyes.

'This is a real person?' She asks to be sure. I nod, trying to look confident.

'When a dragon connects with you they show you memories, only things that have really happened'. I stare out of the window, raindrops rolling down as if they're racing. 'I have to admit that place sounds a lot like Syrilia', Jade says after a while.

'How did everything get this complicated? First the third island, now a dragon that tries to kill us'.

'We don't know about that island', she reminds me. 'That is why I need Madame Orsini's book', I say before standing up and walking to my closet. Jade follows me with her eyes when I take a more formal dress out of it and walk over to my bathroom.

'I have to meet my father and his advisers in his office. Guess who is part of the organisation of events?' I ask sarcastically which makes her laugh. I had more responsibilities now that the Selection had started, one of them was to organize events. I came up with a great idea to find out more about Syrilia.

⇺ ⇻ ♕ ⇺ ⇻

'We have to organize more events during the Selection', Sir Woods complains after twenty minutes of babbling only. The organisation of events wasn't my favourite group to join, but still kind of amusing. My father and Valentina sat at the head of our table, followed by me and Sir Woods on their sides. Every other person at the table was an adviser of my father, the only other familiar face was that of Antonio Castillo, our personal journalist.

'We should think about this, we can't just make up events that don't have a purpose', my father explains.

'Princess Valentina already shared in an interview that she wants a gala ball, we can start with that', Antonio interrupts the conversation. Val rolls her eyes, a little annoyed and I can see that her behaviour doesn't please most of the advisers. Soon she would rule over them and I don't believe they are waiting for it to happen.

'But what will be the purpose of the gala ball?' My father asks again. I could hear the tension in his voice, he was stressed. All man keep silent when I stare at my sister who doesn't bother to come up with something.

'We could organize a fundraiser', I suggest, all faces turning to me, this little girl who has no business here in the first place. The silence that follows behind my proposal is horrible, the men giving each other looks. Valentina raising one eyebrow at me.

'A fundraiser for what?' Sir Woods asks when no one reacts. I glance at him, thankful for giving me a chance and stand up to talk to all the people in the room.

'We could invite the royalty of other Kingdom's, I know that may sound risky but we haven't had a war in eight years. Every Royalty family that wants to come has to donate for their own sake. To make their own Kingdom a better place', I say loud, seeing some man nod in agreement. It had taken me a long time to make this up, but it was a possibility to get the Queen of Syrilia here.

Maybe she was the key to what was going on with the dragons. If she showed up and nothing would happen, I was wrong. But if she didn't show up I still could be suspicious about her. I sit down again, waiting for my father to say something.

'I don't believe it is smart to invite Royalty's here', he says after a while. 'I think it is a good move', one of the advisers speaks up. His dark eyes resting on me.

'Explain, sir John'.

'Well, we don't want a war with any other Kingdom. This way we can show them we live in peace. They even get a chance to meet the candidates that once will be their equal', Sir John motivates his points while looking at me.

'He might be right, father', I tell, hoping my plan will succeed. It takes him longer than normal do make the decision but at the end he nods his head in agreement.

'A fundraiser it will be', he sighs while Valentina's eyes widen as if she wants to say something. But she keeps quiet, just like the rest of the past hour.

'Antonio, write an article about the upcoming event. I'll tell you the details later. I'll write letters to the Royalty's', my father says before standing up which means we are dismissed. Once outside of the room I head to another direction than the advisers followed by the shadow of my sister.

'Again, Rosalia saves the day', she says sarcastically. I turn to face her, not understanding. 'If you had a better idea, why didn't you speak up?' I ask challenging. She completely ignores my question, excusing herself.

'I have to be somewhere', she says before turning around. 'It's good that at least one candidate sees your jealousy too', she mumbles softer.

I roll my eyes, thinking about the great conversations Ezra and Val must have about me. It doesn't have to bother me, they are a match made in heaven.