༒ Thirty-one ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

The sun was almost under when I opened the gate that led to the roof, trying to calm my mind again as last time. There was a little bit wind, fresh air to fill my lungs. I couldn't but feel bad. Valentina and I had to have a good talk, an honest talk with no jokes. But with Olivia, and now Ezra on her side, I could forget about that chance.

I walk around the corner, my thoughts clearing up a little when I see the dragon asleep. His chest moving slowly. At the side of the roof, a familiar figure sits down, staring out over our lands right into the village. I walk closer to see Cameron's dark hair, fumbling with his hands when he's clearly overthinking stuff.

'You want to jump?' I ask sarcastically. He turns his head in a second, relief appearing when he sees it's just me. 'I'll jump with you, honestly', I add, taking place next to him. I take a look at him, a little grimace on his face, his green eyes shining in the last sunlight. Those eyes.

'Did you have a bad day, princess Rosalia?' He asks interested. 'A little and please call me Rosa. I know you are new here but I really prefer that', I beg him. He nods his head soft.

'As you wish, Rosa', he answers smiling. We keep quiet for a long time, staring at the horizon. The upcoming problems only filled more space in my head when I tried to ignore them. Instead I look over my shoulder at the dragon, sleeping in peace.

'How is he doing?' I nod at him. 'He makes progress', Cameron answers short. I nod again, trying to make sense of this boy. He makes me feel things I don't understand. I enjoy his company, even though I don't know him that much. He would be a good friend.

'You don't talk much, do you?' I glance at him, his head turning to me a little.

'I don't. Sometimes I enjoy silence', he whispers. I realise how true that is, I felt the same way. 'People should stop calling silence and awkward moment. We should adore it more', I say soft.

'I agree'. We look at each other for a second before I turn my head again, not knowing why I'm having this conversation.

'Thank you again, for helping me with the dragon'.

'I could tell this dragon means a lot to you, I also know that dragons don't just connect with any person. That is the main reason I tried to save it', he explains.

'Well, thank you', I laugh soft.

'Three times is enough, Rosa', he notices. The way he says my name makes me laugh, not out of joy, I can't even describe it. It's so different from all the conversations I have ever had. I trust Cameron more than most of the people I've known my whole life. I didn't want to be that vulnerable.

'I probably should go, I have a date with princess Valentina tomorrow', he says, standing up and offers me a hand. I take it without thinking.

'Good luck', I say sarcastically releasing his hand after a few seconds. I turn around to walk over to the gate until his voice stops me from moving.

'You are exactly the way people think of you', he remarks.

'What do you mean?' He lifts his shoulders a little, holding his hands in his pockets.

'You stand behind your decisions, you try to do good things. I saw you this morning next to the battle field, I could see it in your eyes you wanted to join us', he whispers, making me startle.

'Good night, Rosa', he bows before walking past me, down the stairs to the corridors. I couldn't feel my legs anymore and stood there at the gate for minutes thinking of the way he described me. This stranger knew I wanted to be a warrior. He saw right through me.