She elbowed Dean in his abdominal a little and replied, "I don't need anything at the moment." Although she knew that what he said was meant to keep her safe, she still didn't like it whenever he threatened another person. There shouldn't be any life that should be treated as a joke. To her, as a nurse, another being's life was worth more than anything. She gulped at the thought that Dean was probably didn't see it the same way as her.

"That's good." He smirked as he rubbed her waist gently with the palm of his hand.

Walking out of the elevator, Dean directed his way to the restaurant side of the hotel. He pulled a chair out for Giselle to settle in before he made his way around the table to sit. One of his men went out to put the luggage into the car while the other two men stood beside him.

As soon as a waitress greeted them with a wide grin on her face, Dean replied roughly, "Morning. We will have two medium cups of warm espresso, two plates of a large serving size french toast, and a medium bowl of the fruit salad."

The waitress nodded, and then dismissed herself politely, at the same time that his other man returned.

"You can tell your people to go to eat too. There is no danger here in the middle of the restaurant." Giselle whispered loudly across the table.

Dean beamed at her reaction and then turned to glance at his men with a sharp gaze. "You guys heard that? Go get a nearby table and eat something."

"Yes, boss." They said before they went to take a seat at a table behind Dean.

"How do you keep forgetting to feed your people?" Giselle said as she placed her elbows onto the table to cup her chin with both hands. "I wondered if they even get their paycheck on time."

Dean chuckled. "Of course, they do. It's not that I kept forgetting, but they shouldn't be eating while they are on their duty."

"That's nonsense. Even if I was on my duty in the hospital, sometimes I still sneaked into the stocking room to grab myself a granola bar. As a boss, you have the power to say that, but I'm sure that you've eaten in your working hour too."

"You're not wrong." He said with a small smile. Her words lingered in his head for a while causing him to take a quick deep breath and then exhaled loudly. He stayed quiet for a couple of seconds and then decided to ask, "Do you wish to go back to work?"

She nodded as a frown appeared on her lips. "It was my dream to become a nurse. I miss being there. It was tiring, but at least I got to interact with my patients. Hearing a thank you from them helped relived my exhaustion a lot. I couldn't be any happier than seeing my patients leaving the hospital and not having to come back. Both doctors and nurses are happy to say goodbye to their patients because we want them to leave and to never have to return."

"That's nice," Dean said in a lowered tone. "You're happy to see people leave while I am here wishing people to stay."

Grabbing his hand softly, she said, "We have different reasons, Dean. Everything has its own limit. I can see my patients leave, but I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to the one I love."

He nodded his head as he tried to understand what she meant. "It's true. Everything has its limit and I am afraid to find out my limit and yours."

Just when she was about to open her mouth to reply, the waitress returned with a cart of foods. She placed each plate and cup onto the table carefully before she dismissed herself again.

"How sweet do you like your espresso?" Dean asked as he tried to change the topic. "I like mine with just one cube of brown sugar."

"I like mine with two cubes of brown sugar, I think. I usually put like three small packs of sugar for my normal coffee. I've never used sugar cube, it's too fancy." She replied without looking as she grabbed a fork and a knife to cut into the french toast.