Chapter 42

Bella P.O.V

Edward left orders that no one other than Billy, Ivan and Marcus were the only ones who could enter the farm. He left with Carlisle and Matthew on the helicopter an hour ago. The party got cancelled that, of course, pissed Irina off.

I walked down the hall and I heard from the living room Irina and Tanya talking.

"That bastard," Irina said, "only because that stupid kid got ran over by a horse they cancelled my party. Ugh, this was the only chance I had for everyone talk about me and not how beautiful  Edward's wife is."

"She's a gold digging whore like her mother. She got pregnant on purpose, plus, I bet she doesn't give a shit about Matthew. Edward, he doesn't see that in reality his wife doesn't love him. She doesn't but she sure has him under her spell," Tanya said.

"Trust me, I'm going to get pregnant, too. And he is going to be rightful owner of this and not her bastard," Irina laughed. Suddenly, I felt numb. She wants a baby from Jacob. "I promise that once I get my hands on Matthew and her child I'm going to-"

I growled and walked, walking up to them. I immediately slap her really hard, making her cheek glow with a bright red color.

"I'm going to accept you call me whatever ever you want or do whatever you want to me but not to Matthew or my child, do you understand? Stay away from my kids!" I yell and look at Tanya. "And I want you to leave my husband alone. He's mine, and if you do any move on him I swear I'll rip that blond wig of yours."

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to?" Tanya stands up. "Edward thinks he loves you but now he's just with you because of that baby you're having. But, he'll get tired of you and come back to me."

"Keep dreaming. I love Edward as much as I know that he loves me because I didn't break the engagement to marry someone else."

"You bitch!" She raises her hand to slap me but I stop her and throw her on the couch.

Irina stands up but suddenly Jacob stops her. "You are not just about to hit a pregnant women?" He growled. "Leave her alone, Irina."

"Why are you defending her?" She snapped.

"Because, if you hurt her, I'll break our engagement and leave you."

I freeze.

"Why are you defending her?" Tanya snapped, too. She stands up and looks at me and Jacob.

"Remember the ex I told you that I loved," he told Irina. "She's Bella. The women I still love."

Not standing his words, I run off out of the living room to the back yard. I lean against the door and cry. Cry because I know that I love him but not in the same way I love Edward. Cry because I know he's hurt and in the end I am, too. Cry because the hell my life is turning into because he's alive and because of Tanya's hate towards me.

"Bella?" I turn around and see Charlie Denali standing there, leaning against the wall. His face is only an expression of concern. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

He walks up to me and cleans my tears. "Is it because Matthew or... Did my daughter do anything to you?"

I shake my head. "I think it's both, really. I want Matthew to get better and... I don't want to live in hate with your daughter," I whisper. "I don't usually want this kind of life where everything is secrets."

"Talk to me," he said in the most soft voice I ever heard.

"Don't get me wrong, Mr. Denali, but your daughter hates me, I thought you did too by the way you treated me on my wedding. Why your concern now?" I asked.

"Fatherly instinct," he responded.

"Right." I look away. "My father died when I was a baby. I grew up without one and almost without a mother," I say, "my mother was always worried about being poor and not having money... She worked all day and it was just me and my brother Emmett. My dad never put me in bed, told me stories, helped me with my homework or cleaned my tears when I had a heartbreak.

"I don't hate your daughter," I add, "she just makes me mad and jealous because I love my husband, but I don't hate her. On the other side, I think she's lucky to have a dad. I wish I had one and I'm really happy my baby doesn't have to grow without one."

He sighed. "You are a very strong and beautiful women, your dad would be really proud," he said. "I don't care if my daughter hates you but... Can I give you a hug? You look like you need one."

I smiled. "If that's what you want."

"Come here," his arms reach out for me and hugs me tight. I smiled at the felling of warmth his arms gave me, also the felling of safety. I lay my right ear on his heart, hearing his fast heartbeats for some reason. My smile grew bigger and I hugged him tighter.

"If I were your father," he said after a long while, not letting me go, "I wouldn't be even more proud of you, Bella."

"Thank you," I smiled, against his chest.

~~~~~ That Night ~~~~~

Dinner was quiet without Edward, Matthew and Carlisle. Uncomfortable with glares from Tanya and Irina. Tension that mom seemed to have each time she looked at Charlie and Jacob that won't stop looking at me.

"So," Charlie said breaking the silence, "Bella, how's the pregnancy?"

I smiled at him. "Um, well right now we just found out. The first ultrasound will be in a couple of weeks."

"How many weeks are you?" He asked.

"Five weeks, or so they calculated when they sent us the results," I say.

"I bet my grandson will be gorgeous," mom smiled. "With your hair and Edward's eyes... Uf, one handsome young boy."

"Or girl," Rose pats her belly. "Tomorrow we're going to find out the sex of ours."

"Congratulations," we said. Except for Tanya and Irina, of course.

"Mmm, blond is better," Irina smirked. "Imagine a blond baby with green eyes, Tanya. Now, that would be a baby."

"Irina," Jacob snapped.

"Except for a raw heart like the mother," Mom whispers. "Poor thing will grow up to be a gold digging whore."

"Mom," I snapped.

"I'm just saying," she smirked, touching her necklace. "Brunette is better."

"Alright," I get up.

"Where are you going?" Jacob asked.

"I can't enjoy one dinner because suddenly everyone is against everyone," I growl. "Matthew is in the hospital, probably fighting for his life and all you care it's that weather a blond or brunette baby would be cute. I'm done!"

"I'm with you," Emmett gets up with Rosalie. "Let's go."

I walk out of the dinning room with my brother and sister in law. I can't believe these people, I'm worried sick about Matthew and they care about who would have a better baby.

Author's Note:

Ohhhh, someone made Bella mad. What did you think with the little bounding between Charlie and Bella? Cute? Awkward? Lol

January 21, 2015

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324