Chapter 40

Bella P.O.V

During the rest of the day Edward kept me by this side, not leaving me alone. We were together during lunch with my family who kept quiet with Jacob there and Edward's family who didn't know nothing yet. He also had work to do so he kept me in his office with him.

I was sitting on the couch, shaking my leg impatient. Jacob was out there, here and Edward won't let me go. Mom is also out there, she can tell him anything.

"Come here," Edward said looking at me.

I stand up and walk towards him. He takes my hand and sits me on his lap. His lips touch my belly and he slowly rubs it, looking at me.

"I want to ask you something," he says and I nod. "In the time that we've been together, do you feel anything for me?"

I touch his hair softly and say, "I've learned that you are a better person that what I thought you were, Edward."

"That still doesn't answer my question."

"I wasn't finish," I replied. "Jacob was an important part of my life, my first love, Edward. That's why is so hard to let him go after he died and now. But I see things clearly now and I know one really important thing. That's why I tried to escape because I needed to tell him. I needed to close that chapter of my life to open a new one."

Edward frowned and asked, "Tell him what?"

"I'm going to tell you, okay? When I fist came to La Fe and I met you I thought you were a monster, a complete heartless monster for all those months I was here, when we were engaged... Then something happened. I got to know you better, I got to see the real you. The loving, funny, and playful Edward Tanya broke. And so with everything that has happened to us you proved one point."

Edward frowned again but I speak before he could interrupt me. "You proved that I am willing to love again because I'm unconditionally and deeply in love with you."

Edward crushed his lips to mine and kisses me out lives depended on it. "I love you so much," he says.

I laughed, "I love you, more. And I won't leave after with contract is over. So, take it out and the both of us will break it."

He opens a cabinet and takes the contract out. Just when we're about to rip it Tanya and her father walk in.

"Are we interrupting something?" She asked, rudely.

"No," Edward puts the contract away. "I thought we would talk after Irina's announcement."

"We need to talk now," Mr. Denali says. "Hello, Bella." He smiled at me.

"Mr. Denali," I said. "I think I should leave you to talk."

"Yes," Tanya snapped.

"No!" Edward snapped back. "Love, you can stay. This ranch is also yours."

"Whatever," Tanya growled.

"Tanya, stop it or else I'm going to ask you to leave," Charlie snapped. "I'm really sorry, Bella, for her attitude. That's no way to treat you in your own home."

I shake my head.

"Well, our buyer wants to send our company and yours to court for the contaminated meat," Charlie says. "He won't unless we get on a agreement with him and make sure the next purchase will be sane."

"Then we will have a meeting with Mr. Newton and try to come up with a agreement all parts agree in," Edward said in a professional tone.

"The thing is," Tanya adds, "that now Mr. Newton demands that one of us stays here at least three months every year to see how the process of the meat is handled to avoid future problems like this one we have right now."

Charlie nodded. "My health problems won't be any use for me to stay here and travel back each year, so that's why Tanya is going to."

Edward sighed. "Charlie, Tanya and my wife do not get along well. And as it moments ago she was disrespecting her in our home, I won't tolerate that. Is there someone else that you trust to do that process?"

"This is not personal, it's professional," Tanya growled.

"Well, you weren't acting professional moments ago," I snapped.

She gives me the death glare. "What do you know professional?"

I snapped, "Clearly more than you and also I know about what is having education at someone's house. And what I see now this process won't work unless you quit your childish attitude."

"My childish attitude? You took the man I loved from me!" She stands up.

I do to. "You already lost him long before I came here. But I'm not talking about that, if you stay here in my house you are going to have to treat me and my family with respect and have a professional treat with my husband."

"Okay, girls calm down," Charlie stands up. "Tanya, you offered yourself, you are going to have to accept her conditions."

Tanya crossed her arms and looked at me with hate. I cross my arms also and smirked at her, this house and this man are mine now and I'm not letting anyone take it from me.

"Why is it that you two look alike?" We all turn around and see Irina standing there with Jacob by her side. "It's really scary how you look alike her, Tanya." She walks to her leaving Jacob behind.

"No, I'm prettier," Tanya states.

Edward chuckles and stands up. "I doubt that."

"Oh, love triangle," Irina smirked. "We obviously know who's going to win, Tanya, but you're getting double price."

"She's not winning anything," I growled.

"What do you mean with double price?" Charlie asked confused.

"I'm pregnant," I say.

Tanya's eyes popped out when she hears me say the news.

"You're what?!" She snapped.

"You heard right." Edward takes me by the waist and pulls me closer to him. "Bella is having my baby."

And then it's when the bomb finally erupts.
Author's Note:

Hey, guys I'm back now and here you go another chapter of NWTLA. What did you guys think? Hope you like it and till next time.

January 15, 2015

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324