Chapter 24

Bella P.O.V

Everyone sits there waiting for me to answer.

"Isabella? Do you take Edward Anthony Cullen as your husband?" The judges asks once again.

For one year, I remind myself.

I swallow once again.

"I do," I choke out and a tear falls down my cheek. Edward kisses my hand in relief.

"Sign here," he points to the paper in front of us.

Edward signs first and gives me the pen. I sigh wiping my tear away and sign the paper.

"And by the power given to me by the Washington state, I now pronounce you husband and wife."

Edward kisses my hand.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Mom starts to cheer and suddenly everyone is repeating after her. But I know that Alice, Rosalie and Emmett are not.

I don't want to kiss him but I got no other choice. I reach over and give him a really small peek and turn away.

He laughs.

His hand touches softly my face and makes me look at him. His eyes are smooth, calm. He bends down and his lips slightly touch mine.

I freeze for a moment but then my lips and my own will betray me. I start to move my lips slowly against his. I feel a chill run down my back.

My hands go around his neck and pull him closer to me. I tangle his soft hair between my fingers and pull it softly. I can feel his smile against my lips and his hands tighten against my waist. He pulls me closer to him.

I forgot everything. Where i was. Who's here. And who am I.

His tongue asks for entrance which I give it to him. Mine joins him in a slow calm dance around each other. I can't explain what's going on through my head while I kiss him but I can't stop.

We finally pull away when we're out of breath.

"Congratulations!" Everyone claps.

I look in the crowd and see Billy with a mad expression with his arms crossed. God, what have I done?

People start coming towards us, from, people from here, from Forks and people I don't even know. Some where important like chief of police in Forks Mr. Greene. The leader of the goverment and I don't know who else.

Everyone came. Except for Billy.

"Isabella, may I have a word with you?" Edward whispers in my ear.

I slightly nod and he leads me to the back of the house while everyone goes to the reception.

"It's a little uneducated to leave your guest, Mr. Cullen," I say crossing my arms. "What do you want?"

"Do you think you'll ever forgive me?" He asked.

"Hmm, god, I don't know," I say sarcastically. "After being used?"

"Isabella, I never used you," he says sounding like if he was pleading.

"Then how do you call marrying me so you could get revenge on your ex?" I snap.

"You were never in the plan!" He snaps back. "Okay, I admit I was a total prick, asshole, jerk for thinking that having a revenge, doing the same thing she did to me was going to help me feel better! I admit I was wrong! But I never wanted to involve you in this!"

"Then why did you ask me to marry you?!"

"Because..." he stops.

"Because what?! Speak, Edward! Because you were using me! I have dignity which seems you lost a long time ago!"

"I never used you!"

"Then why did you ask me to marry you?!" I yell.

"Because I... At the beginning I thought this would just be a contract, Isabella, I help your family and the way you pay me back is by one year of marriage."

"Beginning?" I cross my arms, "what about now?"

He smiles a little at me, "I fell for you."

My heart just stopped. Did he just say he was... He was in love with me?! Well, that's what fell for you means, right? How?

No! This has to be one of his other pathetic lies, I don't believe him and I choose not too.

"You're a liar," I growl.

"I'm in love with you."

"Stop lying!"

"I'm not lying!" He yells back. "I'm in love with you and I want you to choose me instead of him."

My heart stops once again.

"I know you loved Billy's son - whatever his name was. But he's gone, Isabella, but I'm here and I want to show you that I could be better than this." He comes up close and takes my hands between his. "Let me show you how much I love you. Give me this year, I'm only asking you for this year to give me the opportunity to show you I can change and love you. And maybe you may learn how to love me."

I sigh.

"Give me this year," he pleads. "And if at the end of this year you don't love me then I... then... I'll let you go. I promise."

I swallow. Asking for this year to change and me falling for him. Can I?

"This year," I say, "I give you this year."

"Thank you," he kisses my hand. "We may not start as girlfriend and boyfriend because we're already married but I want to give this marriage an actual try."

I nod. "I'll try, too."

He smiles. "May I kiss my bride?" He asks.

Do I have other choice? I nod once again. He leans over and presses his lips against mine once again.

I have this year, this year to live with him. Sleep with him. Kiss. Help my brother. My mother. For him to change. For him forget Tanya and his whip. For me to fall in love with him and forget Jacob. I have one year of my marriage with Edward Cullen. What can happen in this year?

Author's Note:

Aw, they're married now! How cute!! Hehehehe well, my phone bill is due in two days and I won't be able to update until I find money to pay it OR my dad gets me a new phone sooner. Just letting you guys know!

Love you all!

November 26, 2014

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324