48th Page: The Battle for Kiten

Start from the beginning

"So this is the Magic Stone..." Julius set Charmy down, taking the aqua colored stone from the (h/c) haired boys' hands and gazing closely at it. This was the goal of the Eye of the Midnight Sun, huh...

"Well done, indeed." Julius praises, a small, yet sad smile forming on his face. Even if they had realized the goal, the costs hadn't been light. Although the Black Bulls has faced no casualties, the same couldn't be said for the general Magic Knights.

"I'm sure you've heard, but many have lost their lives fighting at Raquey. Knowing that we attained the Magic Stone in the end, I hope that'll bring some form of peace to their rest." Julius turned towards the Black Bulls, the Magic Stone still in his grasp.

"The Black Bulls have accomplished this very important mission excellently, and without any casualties to boot. In fact, you've gained more members. You've performed absolutely brilliantly." Julius gave the group a small smile, a peaceful silence descending into the room.

"It seems that you've also grown stronger, Yami." Julius glanced at the stoic Captain of the Black Bulls. He'd come a long way from the person he used to be. He was...much stronger.

"I heard that he made that foreigner a Magic Knight."

"I could barely accept the other foreigner, since she became an Evellen, but this..."

"What's Captain Julius thinking?"

...It wasn't easy in the slightest.

"You're going to make someone like that a Magic Knight Captain?!"

"Wizard King, the people have already begun to question you from your previous decision! But to make them BOTH Captains, and of their own Squads, no less...!"

"Just what are you thinking, Wizard King?!"

This Kingdom, he knew it'd never accept his choice without some form of drawback. But, even still...

"Eh? You want us to become what...?"

"Aren't you a little too happy-go-lucky, mister?"

Julius couldn't help the smile on his face as he recalled the olden times. He could perfectly remember the faces of both Rin and Yami when he'd told them about his decision. It was a moment he'd never forget, nor one he'd ever regret. Even now, Rin had easily become one of the brightest and strongest Captains, whilst Yami himself managed to shine on his own. It was a choice he'd never regret.

"You...truly have become a magnificent Magic Knight Captain, Yami." Julius praised, and (Y/N) could've sworn he saw a small, but embarrassed smile form on Yami's face. But, he might've just been seeing things.

"Cut it out. I'm twenty eight now, you know? You're embarrassing me." Yami scratched the back of his head, a helpless look on his usually stoic face. Though, even he couldn't deny...things had certainly changed now.

"Haha. Sorry about that." Julius laughed slightly, scratching the back of his head slightly. He had really come a long way...

Yami stared at the Wizard King for a moment, before grasping his cigarette with his hand as sighing.

"'If you want to say you're right, then prove it with the results you get from doing things your way.' That's what you told me...or something like that." Yami explained, his gaze rising to meet the Wizard King's once again.

"I've said this before, but all I did was prove you were right." Yami placed his cigarette between his lips once again, a small, ghost of a smirk forming on his face as Julius smiled slightly.