INT. MARAUDER'S DORM - NIGHT

Remus and Sirius are getting into their pajamas in the dorms. Sirius drops onto his bed and pulls out a random book from a stack to the side of his bed. Remus sits down. There is a weird tension in the room.

REMUS
(breaking the silence)
Hey, what was that all about at dinner tonight?

SIRIUS
(acting dumb)
What do you mean?

REMUS
You know bloody well what I mean, Regulus, the French, your father. It's fine if you want to stay quiet but just don't act dumb.

SIRIUS
(sighing)
You know me too well, Remmy. My father got caught using the Imperius Curse.

REMUS
(shocked)
Like... the unforgivable one?

SIRIUS
Yep, the unforgivable one. But apparently it's unforgivable to everyone but Orion Black.
(unenthusiastic)
He was released from trial.

REMUS
Wh- how?

SIRIUS
According to O'Demus, it was his talking skills this time. Merlin, why can't they just be treated like normal people, my parents? It's like their above all rules, it's so frustrating! He deserves to go to Azkaban!

REMUS
(awkwardly)
You wanna talk about it?

SIRIUS
(angry)
Not particularly. I just want to read...
(checks book title)
Herbology 101: For Intermediate Students.

Remus laughs a little. This makes Sirius smile.

REMUS
Not sure if this will make you feel better, but you have one thing in common with them, your parents.

SIRIUS
Merlin...

REMUS
Your attitude towards rules. I guess the Black's have never been too fond of them.

SIRIUS
Blimey, I guess you're right Moony. They were raising a rebellious child from the start and didn't even realize it.

REMUS
I guess so. I'll let you get back to your book, seems like a real page turner.

Sirius smiles. Out of nowhere, Peter and James come bursting through the dormitory door.

JAMES
(out of breath)
You'll never believe what Peter just did!

REMUS
Bloody hell, do I actually want to know?

Sirius and Remus listen as James and Peter act out and tell their story. They all laugh and continue talking.

FADE OUT:

Credits role.

Episode 0103: Published