INT. DEFENCE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASSROOM - AFTERNOON

Remus sits at a table in the DADA classroom reading Pride and Prejudice. James walks in and takes his seat next Remus.

REMUS
(looking up from his book)
You got here pretty fast.

JAMES
Came from arithmancy, not too long of a walk. Even I couldn't mess that up.

REMUS
(sarcastically)
Real proud of you, mate. How was arithmancy?

JAMES
It was alright, boring, but I have faith it'll get better. Where's Peter, didn't the two of you have Care of Magical Creatures together?

REMUS
He stopped by the bathroom while we were on our way over.

Peter and Sirius walk into the classroom together, laughing along with plenty of other students including Lily, Severus, and Marlene. Peter and Sirius sit at the table to the left of James and Remus and Lily and Severus sit at the table behind Sirius and Peter. Marlene sits down next to another Gryffindor girl.

SIRIUS
(to James and Remus)
Caught him on the way out of the bathroom, the git tripped over his own shoelace and dropped all his stuff. Without me, he'd probably be late to this class as well.

Peter blushes.

JAMES
(looking over to Severus and Lily)
God, how can she be friends with someone so... so foul!

REMUS
(also looking over at the two)
Have you ever tried to get to know Severus, mate?

JAMES
I don't have to! He's a Slytherin and is suspiciously quiet. Plus he is always taking time away from me and Lily!

Lily laughs hysterically next Severus while he slightly giggles. She plays around with his hair and pulls it back like she's about to put it into a ponytail. She lets go and starts laughing again.

REMUS
First of all, Lily and I. Second, I hate to break it to you, but you sound real jealous, James.

JAMES
(mortified; gasping)
Am not! How dare you Moony!

Remus rolls his eyes. Finally, PROFESSOR O'DEMUS walks out of his office door on the second level of the classroom. The noisy room goes silent. O'Demus is silent as he walks down the stairs to the bottom of the classroom. His black hair neatly brushed, his beard cleanly shaven, the diamond earring glistening, his robes swaying, and his platform boots making noise each time he takes a step. He is one hot motherfucker. He arrives at the front of the class.

O'DEMUS
Good day to you all.

O'Demus waits for a second. Everyone is silent.

O'DEMUS (CONT'D)
(child's voice)
Good day to you as well, Professor.

ALL STUDENTS
(taking the hint)
Good day to you as well, Professor.

O'Demus pulls out his wand and points it at the chalkboard, then refocuses on the students. A piece of chalk begins to write out O'Demus' name on the chalkboard.

O'DEMUS
There we go! Before you all introduce yourselves, let's get to know me. My name is Andrew O'Demus. I spent three years as an auror and then went to hold an office at the ministry for a bit. Now I am here as your teacher. My job is to teach defence against the Dark Arts, a very important skill for any wizard. Every day more and more wizards are practicing the dark arts, and less and less people know how to defend themselves if faced with such wizards. With the correct education from an experienced individual, such as myself, you all will be able to defend yourself against boggarts, vampires, werewolves and much more.

Remus' face goes white and he starts to breathe a little heavier. He is clearly nervous.

O'DEMUS (CONT'D)
Now that we know who I am, let's see who you are.
(points at James)
Stand up, son.

James stands.

O'DEMUS (CONT'D)
What's your name?

JAMES
James Potter.

O'DEMUS
And your favorite subject, James?

JAMES
Transfiguration.

O'DEMUS
Transfiguration, fascinating discipline. Now James, would you say that if you were faced with a boggart you would be able to protect yourself?

JAMES
Probably not.

O'DEMUS
And that is why this class is so important! Here, you stand up.

James sits down slightly confused. O'Demus points to Lily, and Lily stands.

O'DEMUS (CONT'D)
What is your name, dear?

LILY
Lily Evans.

O'DEMUS
If you were faced with a boggart, would you be able to defend yourself?

LILY
Yes, actually, I would. I'd use the "riddikulus" charm.

O'DEMUS
(caught off guard)
In fact, yes! Yes, you would use the riddikulus charm. Very good job, 5 points to Gryffindor!

JAMES
(whispering to Remus)
Isn't she just brilliant?

REMUS
Extremely.

O'DEMUS
I hope you all enjoy my class this year, I'm very excited to work with you all. Now let's take attendance-