Ch. 12: Attempt at Changing

Start from the beginning

While the other members are arguing, I turn to Dahyun with a pleading look.

Y/N: Can we just go already? I’m sure they won’t notice.

Thankfully, Dahyun agrees and we start to walk away when I suddenly feel a grip on my wrist.

Soobin: I’m coming with you.

I look at Soobin with a surprised look and he smiles sweetly.

Soobin: I don’t really wanna stay and babysit these kids.

I feel a smile form on my face before I nod and we quietly leave while the others are still arguing. Soon enough, we’re at another area of the school grounds and I can see that the stalls are mostly selling food.

Dahyun: Thank goodness, we came here! I was starting to feel hungry! You guys go ahead. I’m having some refreshments!

Dahyun then runs off to the stalls and I’m left with Soobin. I then turn to Soobin who looks at me.

Y/N: So...

Soobin: Do you have anywhere you want to go to?

I shrug then look away from him.

Y/N: I don’t know. I don’t really know what goes on during a music festival. How ‘bout you? Maybe there’s somewhere you wanna go to.

Soobin: Now that I think about it, I’m starting to worry about the other members.

I chuckle and Soobin turns to me and smiles.

Soobin: We might be practicing for our performance tomorrow so you can come and watch if you want.

Y/N: Ani. I’m okay. You go ahead.

Soobin: Will you be fine on your own.

I nod and smile at Soobin and he smiles sweetly then turns to leave.

Soobin: I’ll be going now.

Soobin then walks away and I’m on my own now. I sigh then walk away from the stalls to the school building. The lights inside are on and I walk inside, hoping to find some peace and quiet. As I’m walking through the hallway, I suddenly hear singing from one of the classrooms.

Y/N: Hmm? That voice...

I follow the singing and soon, I find myself infront of the classroom of the last year of senior high. Suddenly, the singing stops and I hear footsteps from inside. My eyes widen when the door opens and I see Seokjin at the door.

Y/N: That singing... it was you?!

Seokjin smirks and steps out of the classroom and closes the door behind him. He then bends forward, smiling mischievously, and his eyes meet mine.

Seokjin: Why? Did you happen to fall in love with my voice?

Suddenly, Seokjin steps back and looks away from me while sighing disbelievingly.

Seokjin: I would have understood if you fell in love with my face but I guess it’s just because you happened to hear my voice first.

Seokjin smiles playfully at me and I start to get annoyed again.

This dude...

Y/N: You have no shame at all, do you?

Seokjin: But even if you heard my voice first, you can’t deny the fact that I’m good-looking. I’m actually the most handsome in the Big Three, you know?

Yeah, right. Moonbin is even more handsome than you... Wait! What am I thinking?!

Y/N: You sure are stuck-up! Is this how you expect to attract the girls in our school?

Seokjin: Aniyo. Actually, I just want to attract you.

My eyes widen and Seokjin smirks.

Seokjin: You must be surprised. You’re lucky that I’m interested in you.

Y/N: Well, I’m not interested in you, so goodbye.

I quickly try to walk away but Seokjn grabs my wrist and I turn to him with an annoyed look.

Y/N: Yah!

???: Leave her alone, hyung.

I turn to the person who spoke and feel my eyes widen when I see Minhyuk.

Seokjin: And what if I don’t?

I’m taken aback when Minhyuk suddenly smiles.

Minhyuk: I heard the other members of BTS are having their practice. You wouldn’t want to miss that now, wouldn’t you?

Seokjin then sighs and let’s go of my hand.

Seokjin: I’ll go after you some other time, Y/N.

He then walks away and I’m now left with Minhyuk.

Y/N: Are the members of BTS actually...

Minhyuk gives me a careless look.
Minhyuk: I just saw them going into the music room.

He then turns to leave.

Minhyuk: By the way, why are you alone? Shouldn’t you be with Dahyun?

Y/N: Huh? Oh, well she went to the food stalls and I wanted some peace and quiet so I came here hoping no one would be here. Guess I was wrong.

It’s silent for a few seconds until Minhyuk speaks.

Minhyuk: I guess you’re a loner, too.

I look at him with a surprised look and he walks away without saying anything. Once he’s gone, I sigh and look down at the floor.

Y/N: Was it too obvious that I’m not that sociable?

I sigh again then start to walk out of the building.

Now that I think about it, I still act like a loner from time to time.

I then remember what Soobin told me when he showed me the auditorium.

“You looked really cold and distant yesterday, but now, you’re starting to become more open.”

Y/N: “Cold and distant”?

I’m finally out of the building and I’m turning the corner to head to the auditorium when I suddenly bump into someone who was going to the building.

Y/N: Ah! M-mianhae...

I look up at the person I bumped into and suddenly see Hoseok glaring at me.

What the- What's with that look?