Ch. 10: Fight Your Fears

Start from the beginning

Hoseok: Why would it be lame? It would be really cool if you could play the piano.

My eyes widen as I hear Hoseok's words.

Yoongi: What do you mean? You don't see it lame if someone plays the piano?

Hoseok: Aniyo. I think it's really cool that someone can play an instrument. I'd like to learn how to play one, too, but I just never have the time.

Hoseok then turns to me and smiles playfully.

Hoseok: Or maybe I'm just too lazy.

Hoseok then bends down to his bag and takes out his water bottle.

Yoongi: Actually... the reason why I asked is...

I breathe in as I prepare to say the words.

Yoongi: I can play the piano.

Hoseok's eyes widen and he starts coughing as he removes his bottle from his mouth.

Hoseok: No way! Jinjja?!

Hoseok then smiles brightly and places his hand on my back.

Hoseok: You should play the piano during the festival, then! We'll have a special performance for you!

I look at Hoseok, still surprised that he didn't see me the way I thought he would. Suddenly, I find myself smiling as I think about Y/N.

Looks like she was right.

...

School Hallway
Your POV

It's been a week now, and by now, I've already known all my classmates and all the members of the Big Three. I still find it annoying everytime someone from BTS or TXT tries to make a move on me. I still run into Yoongi every once in a while but he seems to be avoiding me.

Whatever happened to him? Is he avoiding me because he's afraid I might bring up what happened at the music room?

Since Moonbin and I officially became friends last week, we get along just well now, but it's still awkward between us from time to time. Dahyun isn't helping at all. She just makes it even more awkward for the both of us by teasing us with each other. Minhyuk is still cold, but when he and Moonbin are with Astro, they become completely different people. And by different, I mean loud. Really loud. I chuckle as I remember that phone call MJ received when we were walking to the dance room.

They sure were chaotic.

It's weird that Yeonjun flirts with me and he still has to be in the same class as me. I'm just glad that Soobin is always there to stop him.

I wonder why Soobin is so different though... Not to mention Taehyung...

Of course, I still run into Taehyung from time to time. He sure is mysterious.

But then again, who knew that the arrogant Yoongi actually has a cautious and scared side.

Right now, I'm walking in the hallway when I suddenly hear the piano being played in the music room.

Y/N: Hmm? That must be Yoongi again.

Suddenly, I hear someone singing and feel my eyes widen. I quickly go to the door and peek inside. Just as I suspected, Yoongi is playing the piano. What surprises me is that Jungkook is standing beside the piano, singing as Yoongi plays. The other members of BTS surround them and I can see sincere, proud smiles on their faces. I breathe a laugh as I look at Yoongi.

Y/N: He actually did it.

As Jungkook finishes singing, Yoongi ends the song and the other members clap and cheer as they walk towards him and place their hand on his shoulders and his head. I smile as the people who I never thought would have a nice side cheer Yoongi on.

I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover.

I then look at Yoongi and see him smiling happily. I then smile as I step away from the door.

He looks happier now. I hope he'll be able to open up more.

I then continue walking out of the building with a smile on my face.

Yoongi's POV

Namjoon: Woah, hyung! Didn't know you had it in you to be able to do that!

Jimin: You should really play the piano more.

Seokjin: Why don't you perform on our performance night?

Hoseok: That's what I was telling him a while ago.

Yoongi: Aniyo. It's weird...

Suddenly, Hoseok hits my back.

Hoseok: What are you talking about?! You'll do great!

I give Hoseok an annoyed look and he steps back.

Hoseok: Mianhae. I didn't mean to hit you.

Jungkook: Come on, hyung! Just play the piano like you did today!

Taehyung: The girls will definitely love you even more if you show them what you got.

I smirk and Taehyung suddenly points at me and turns to the other members.

Taehyung: See?! Told you he'd like it if I said that!

I get annoyed when Taehyung says that and I turn to him to see him smiling playfully at me.

Yoongi: Why you-

I raise my hand to threaten to hit him and he steps back and laughs. I then drop my hand and chuckle.

Actually, I don't really care about the other girls at our school anymore.

I smile as I remember Y/N.

The one who helped me face my fears and get out of my comfort zone... She's the only girl I care about now.

Suddenly, I feel as if I'm being watched and I turn to the door to see no one outside.

Hmm? I thought I just saw someone there.

I then shrug and look away from the door.

I guess I was just seeing things.