Dahyun then walks away and I’m alone at our table now. Having nothing to do, I take out my phone and start scrolling through Facebook. I then notice someone sit at the table from across me and I assume that it must be Dahyun. Suddenly, I get a notification.

Y/N: Oh? Moonbin just sent me a friend request.

???: Should I be concerned?

My eyes widen when I hear a different voice and I quickly realize the person seated across me isn’t Dahyun. I quickly look up from my phone and see a guy pouting at me.

???: I come here to tell you I’m interested in you and suddenly, you’re telling me that you’re interested in someone else?

I give the stranger a confused and annoyed look.

Y/N: I’m sorry? And you are?

The stranger’s face suddenly lights up and he holds his hand out to me.

???: My name’s Kai. Youngest member of TXT.

He smiles sweetly at me and I stand up to leave.

Y/N: Mianhae. I’m not interested in you.

Kai: Am I right, then? You’re interested in Moonbin?

My eyes widen and I turn to Kai with an annoyed look.

Y/N: Yah! What are you talking about?

Kai: Well, you were smiling right before you said Moonbin sent you a friend request.

Y/N: W-what?!

Kai looks at me with curiosity in his eyes.

Y/N: Yah! I’m not interested in him, okay?!

Kai: Then why can’t you be interested in me?

I look at Kai who’s still looking up at me with expectancy. Suddenly, I hear Dahyun speak as she walks towards our table.

Dahyun: Thanks for waiting for me. I thought you already went since I took so long.

I turn to Dahyun and see her looking at Kai with a surprised look.

Dahyun: Uh... what’s going on here?

Kai then turns to Dahyun and smiles brightly.

Kai: It’s nothing. I was just telling Y/N that I’m interested in her.

A look of surprised excitement forms on Dahyun’s face and she starts jumping giddily.

Dahyun: No way, you too?!

Y/N: Dahyun, please don’t...

Dahyun then skips towards me.

Dahyun: I’m so envious, Y/N! You have a lot of guys interested in you!

I give Dahyun a pleading look so we would just go away when I suddenly hear someone speak from behind me.

???: You guys...

I quickly turn around and see Minhyuk smirk as he looks at Kai.

Minhyuk: ...really can’t tell if a person’s not interested in you, can’t you?

My eyes widen and Minhyuk’s gaze shifts to me. He then shrugs carelessly and I start to feel annoyed.

What’s with this dude?

Suddenly, Kai breathes a laugh.

Kai: So you’re interested in her, too?

Minhyuk: Aniyo. I just find it annoying that you guys keep making a move on a girl who clearly has no
interest in any of you, at all.

Kai: Yah!

Suddenly, we hear the school bell ring, signaling the end of our lunch break.

Y/N: Anyway... if you guys are done, we’ll be going now...

I quickly grab Dahyun’s arm then walk away to our classroom.

...

Aaah! What was that?!

I drop my head unto my desk, thinking of what happened in the cafeteria.

Why would- Did he really have to- Aaaah!

Suddenly, I hear Dahyun shout as she approaches me excitedly.

Dahyun: Aaah! What was that?!

I look up at Dahyun and she sits down on the seat infront of mine and faces me.

Dahyun: No way, Y/N! Kai and Minhyuk literally just fought over you a while ago! I can’t believe I’m witnessing this!

Y/N: What are you talking about? Minhyuk clearly said he’s not interested in me.

Dahyun: But would you believe that, though? Then why did he interfere in the middle of Kai’s confession?

Y/N: Yah! You call that a confession?! He literally just said that he’s interested in me like it was nothing!

Dahyun smiles playfully and I suddenly notice Minhyuk enter the classroom. I quickly look away when he turns to me and Dahyun notices and turns around.

Dahyun: Yah, Minhyuk! What was that a while ago? You’re not interested in Y/N too, are you?

Y/N: Dahyun...

Minhyuk then walks over to us and I look up at him to see him looking down at me with a careless look. I quickly look away and suddenly hear him speak up as he looks back at Dahyun.

Minhyuk: So what if I am? What do you have to do with that?

Dahyun: Duh, I’m Y/N’s bestfriend! Obviously, I should know! Come on, you don’t have to be shy about it.

Minhyuk doesn’t speak for a moment and I look up to see him looking at me.

Minhyuk: You’re coming to the festival next week, right?

Y/N: H-huh?

How can he just ask me that out of nowhere?!

Y/N: Yeah. Of course, I’m going.

Minhyuk: Good.

He then goes to his seat and I turn to Dahyun to see her holding out a thumbs-up sign before going to her seat.

...

At the end of the day

I’m walking alone in the hallway because Dahyun was called by a teacher. According to her, it’s about the festival, and Dahyun told me that I can just go ahead since she might take long. As I’m walking, I suddenly hear someone playing the piano in a room nearby.

Y/N: Hmm?

I follow the sound and I suddenly find myself infront of the music room, the sound of the piano coming from just behind the door. I look inside, trying not to disturb whoever is playing and I suddenly feel my eyes widen when I see who it is.

Yoongi?!

I watch as he plays the piano, his fingers gently pressing on the keys, and he didn’t even seem to miss a single note. What’s even more surprising is that the song he’s playing is very emotional and his movements seemed to convey the same emotions the song did.

He doesn’t look like how he is when he first approached me. Is this really Yoongi?

Wanting to get answers, I quietly open the door and take a step inside. Suddenly, Yoongi stops playing and turns to the door. My eyes widen as our eyes meet and he suddenly stands up and walks away from the piano.

Yoongi: Y-yah...