I glance over at Kimberly but she just shrugs.

"Olivia Moore? Kimberly Simmons?"

We stop and turn to the right to see a familiar, older man walking towards us wearing a police uniform.

His short, blonde hair is pushed back with a pair of sunglasses. I could see a pen and notepad in hand.

"Officer Harrison." Kimberly speaks up next to me.

He smiles warmly at the two of us but his eyes linger on me longer than I'd like. I had only met him once or twice when we all actually hung out together before everything happened with Austin. His dad seemed okay at the time.

I knew Alessio said he was bad news though. Paying off street gangs and letting Austin get away with sexual assault and drug abuse.

Apparently, he was not a good man to his family as Austin was growing up. It seems like the Romano family isn't the only one keeping some secrets.

My stomach knots up as he looks us over. I almost feel like he can read everything clear as day on my face.

"How are you ladies today?" He asks warmly. "I was just checking in around here...trying to get some information."

"I'm so sorry about Austin, sir." Kimberly tells him.

"It has been really hard on his mother and I, but we aren't giving up."

Officer Harrison looks over at me again and something gives me the idea that he wants to accuse me of something already.

"Have either of you seen anything? Know anything?"

"No sir," I whisper. "I'm sorry."

"No worries, girls. I would like you two to come down to the station if you have anything that can help. Even from your last time seeing him."

"Of course, we will." Kimberly tells him and I fight the urge to smack her.

He smiles a bit again and stares me down one final time before turning back in the direction of his car.

"I feel so bad for him..." Kimberly mutters.

"Yeah."

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

"Good job today, Michelle!"

Our newest hire glances up at me from behind the counter and smiles brightly. She's only sixteen but she has a lot of drive.

"Thanks for this, Olivia! My parents had been on my ass about a job."

"Well, we're so glad to have you." I tell her warmly. "We'll see you tomorrow at 4."

She nods eagerly which causes her blonde ponytail to bounce with the movement before tossing her apron off and leaving.

I catch Kimberly resting her head on a nearby table and shake my head.

"Are you going to do anything?"

"I'm sorry," She groans miserably. "I'm just not feeling good at all."

"Go home, Kim. We have like an hour left. It's slow."

She bows her head weakly." Are you sure?"

"Yes. Go home."

She gives me a sad smile before gathering her things up in her arms.

I can't believe there is really a chance she could be pregnant. It was hard trying to picture my party loving, crazy friend as a mom.

She seemed more like the cool aunt kind of like Macy.

I spend the next hour wiping down coffee stairs and bringing endless latte's to a group of middle aged hipsters taking up three tables in the back of the cafe.

One of them pulls out a guitar and they start singing some weird indie songs together.