Chapter 15

Liam's POV

"Niall, you can't go out!" I yelled at the lad for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"Why?" he whined.

"Niall, you can't go out because Simon doesn't want us to get lost before shows." He was really trying my patience. I just couldn't tell him that Phoenix was opening for our concert tonight.

Finally it was time for us to take our places offstage. Mike checks had been done, final wardrobe adjustments were made, and we all lined up, with Niall behind me, in our entrance wing.

****

Phoenix's POV

I could feel the butterflies fluttering about in my stomach as I took my place onstage at the provided stool. My guitar was slung across my back, but I brought it around as I sat down.

"Hello London! How are you all doing this evening!" I addressed the crowd as huge cheers erupted.

"My name's Phoenix, and since there are rumours about me and Niall, I'm going to put those to rest." Accolades of cheers followed as I took a deep breath and began.

The day we met

Frozen, I held my breath

Right from the start, I

Knew that I'd found a home

For my heart

Beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid

To fall

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt

Suddenly goes away somehow

"One step closer," Liam sang, pulling Niall onstage with him. Niall, not knowing what else to do, harmonized with me, so it was just the two of us, since Liam ducked backstage.

I have died everyday

Waiting for you

Darlin' don't be afraid

I have loved you for a

Thousand years

I'll love you for a

Thousand more

I held up two fingers, signalling for Niall to take the second verse. He still didn't know what I was doing, but because he knew the song, he sang.

Time stand still

Beauty in all she is

I will be brave

I will not let anything

Take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this

"One step closer," the other four lads joined me on stage. One by one, the lads' girlfriends (A/N pretend the lads are still with these ladies), Eleanor, Perrie, Dani, and Sophia, all came out and we all sang the chorus.

I have died everyday

Waiting for you

Darlin' don't be afraid