Chapter 38

Phoenix's POV

So, our bus driver drove for twelve hours straight. At least, that's what I'd been told. I slept through the driving, so it didn't affect me.

"Rise and shine, sleepyheads!" Louis exclaimed, yanking curtains open, and I could hear the others groaning at the light flooding in and disrupting their slumber.

So, Dani and I were supposed to share the queen, but I missed my bunk, so in the middle of the night, I sneaked back into my bunk. So far, Louis hadn't yanked open my curtain yet.

I managed to quickly but quietly roll myself into a burrito in my blanket, then I decided to roll out of my bunk, hitting the floor with a thud.

When I cracked my eyes open, there were four lads crouched around me like I was in surgery, their faces containing worries looks. They were about to say something when Dani shuffled in loudly, making us look at her.

She did look a bit funny, with her crazy hair and bunny slippers, but what could I say? She was my best friend.

"What's wrong now?" she saw the five of us.

"Phoenix is on the floor again," Niall sighed, rising to get some food. 

"You alright, love?" Louis asked me.

"Yeah," I replied sleepily, still rolled up in my blanket.

Liam's POV

"You gonna make it?" I asked. Not sure why I asked, but I did.

I got no response, so I looked down and saw the burrito-Phoenix asleep.

"Ni, where's your bunk?" I walked over to the lad in the kitchen.

"It was right across from hers, but Harry wants to redo the bunk arrangement," he answered.

"Harry, let's do those bunk arrangements," I said, until my rang. It was Simon.

"Morning, Simon," I answered.

"Good morning, Liam. Your bus driver called me last night during the show. Apparently the bus has some issues that make it unfit to be on the road. Pack your things, and a new tour bus will be waiting for you when roll into Madrid," he said.

"Okay thank. Bye, Si," I hung up.

"So, turns out we're getting a new bus when we roll into Madrid. Come on, Simon said we need to pack," I relayed the information to the others, and they began to pack.

My stuff didn't take long to pack, so I decided to wake Phoenix and help her pack.

"Phoenix, I'm terribly sorry to wake you, but we're changing buses when we roll into Madrid, so we're packing our stuff," I gently shook the sleeping girl awake.

"Huh? Whaa?" she rolled herself out of her blanket coccoon and stood up. 

Niall's POV

"Morning, sleepybunches! We're getting a different bus, and we're almost to Madrid, so we're packing!" I answered Phoenix. 

"Kay," she rubbed her eyes and then began to pack with us.

*30 Minutes Later*

I was almost done packing, and I noticed Phoenix's suitcase, backpack, pillow, and blanket neatly stacked on the couch. How had she gotten done so quickly? Did she live out of her suitcase? She couldn't have! 

I dragged my suitcase and stuff to the couch and found Phoenix in the kitchen, pacing and chugging a soda. 

"You alright?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in concern. This wasn't normal for her. At least, not that I could remember.