Secret Safe Spot (Nightmare Sans x Reader)

Requested by: Ivysaur56
----------------------------------------------

Nightmare was still walking along his little hidden path through the woods to what he liked to call his Secret Safe Spot. The sides of said path only marked by a few specific marks left on some of the tree trunks.
They were quick little doodles of fireflies.

The way the sunlight of the day peeked though the thick overhang of leaves providing just enough light for the purple clad skeleton so see his path.

He walked a little quicker then usual today however, a small smile on his face as he did so. He felt his very Soul was skipping a beat every now and again as he kept thinking about one thing while he walked.

You.

You and Nightmare had met in his secret spot about a good month ago by chance.
He was going there to get a little quiet and read like usual but when he got there, you were there.
You were only there cause you were lost though, on the verge of tears by the time he got there.

He was a bit hesitant to approach you upon seeing you for the first time of course, but when he saw your distressed look, he did his best to be friendly and help you out.

From there, you guys became great friends and would occasionally meet again at his Secret Safe Spot to hang out and talk about anything and everything whenever you could.

Of course, being his only actual friend, Nightmare treasured every moment with you, enjoying your company quite a lot.
However, the past couple weeks or so, he began to feel a little different.

It wasn't different in a bad way of course, but it was enough to have Nightmare question what exactly it was as he had never felt it before.

A couple days ago though, he went through all the books he could and when applied to how he felt about you, he soon figured out what it was.

He felt more excited whenever he saw you, smiled even more when he saw your smile, he'd try and make you laugh more, he'd sometimes just stare at you while you hopefully weren't looking, and he even felt himself blush anytime he had any physical contact with you, his Soul feeling as if it was beating much faster too.

It was love.

Now, being a new concept to him, he was both excited but a little scared and intimidated by it. But honestly, from what he read about love and the stories that had love in them, he was glad that it was you he was in love with.

But he knew about the hard part. He probably wouldn't have even needed his books for this part and this was the part that worried him the most.

Did you feel the same?

Of course, being your friend was plenty but, if he could be more open with you about all these new feelings he was experiencing, do what his imagination wanted him to, he felt he'd be so much happier.

Speaking of happier, he realized he had just about arrived, pushing through a couple large bushes before he was met with a familiar small clearing.

Within the small clearing lay a small creek of sorts, lush, soft grass covering the ground while strong, thick, and sturdy trees marked the edge of the clearing.
Under one of these trees in the shade was the very person he'd been thinking of the whole way here.

"(Y/N)! You're here today I see."
He called out your name cheerfully, walking over towards you as your head popped up upon hearing your name.

"Hey Nightmare! It's so good to see you again, you have no idea how excited I was when I realized I could come see you today." You smiled up at him, eagerly waving him over and patting the spot next to you as you say on a blanket you brought, on the ground.

"Really? You were excited to see me?-"
Nightmare asked as he sat next to you, turning his his head forward slightly as he put a hand on his cheek that was towards you, trying to hide the blush he could feel was on his cheek bones now.

"Well yeah, of course I am. I love spending time with you!" You said enthusiastically, on the verge of giggling as you moved to lean against Nightmare's side a bit.

"Y-You do?-"
Nightmare questioned again, turning his face a little more to the side, trying to hide his growing blush as she leaned against him.

"Of course Nightmare, are you feeling ok?" You asked, the giggles coming through as you spoke, lifting your head up to try and look at him.
You thought he was starting to act a little strange, was he trying to be funny?

"Yeah, I'm fine-
What makes you say that?-"
Nightmare, despite his best efforts, started to panic a bit under her attention, keeping his face turned before he suddenly just covered his face with both hands from embarrassment.

He didn't know why he was acting so strange all of the sudden. He felt he almost couldn't handle being near her anymore but try as he might, he couldn't seem to uncover his face.

"...you're acting kind of weird. Why are you hiding? Is something wrong Nightmare?"
You asked, somehow still amused a bit as you got up and moved to be in front of where he was facing, quickly grabbing both his wrists as you tried to persuade him to stop hiding.

Poor Nightmare only flinched from her sudden touch, his purple blush practically glowing through his hands while he made a series of quick, yet adorable sounding sounds from being so flustered.

"I-I-I'm not s-sure-
I....I-"
He was panicking even more, thus acting weirder, thus making him panic yet again. He'd started himself on a little loop.
Who knows where this'll end.

"You what? I understand if you're having a hard time explaining what's going on, but it's just me, you can tell me anything and we can work through it together if we need to."
You tried to get him to say what he was trying to in order to find out why he was like this.
Of course, being completely oblivious to the fact that was was making him act so strange, was you.

"I...
I think I'm in love with you-"
Nightmare had quickly confessed, trying to almost curl in on himself after he did so, but you managed to stop him, due to your hands on his wrists.

"....you really mean that?"
You asked a little quietly, thankful he couldn't see your own blush now at this point.

Nightmare just nodded slowly after a second of hesitation, a million thoughts racing through his head as he just waited to see what you would say.

"I..I love you too Nightmare-"
You quickly muttered, leaning forward and leaving a quick kiss on his forehead that he wasn't covering with his hands. You then looked away shyly, letting go of his wrists after.

There was a small bit of silence after, neither of you sure what to say next.
Nightmare slowly lowered his hands from lowered his hands from his face after a few seconds, his cheek bones in fact glowing a soft purple.

You could definitely see the love in his eyes now, and you hoped he could see the same in yours.

Then, you decided to be brave. 

 You looked at him in the eyes, smiling softly at him as you slid a hand to go over one of his, slowly leaning towards him, your eyes quickly closing as you pressed your lips against his teeth in a kiss.His eyes widened for a second and if he could blush any more, he would. He knew what this was, he knew what it meant.

A kiss!

She really did love him back, his very Soul practically jumping around in joy, he lightly applied some pressure on his side, meaning to kiss her back as while he closed his eyes too and moved his hand to hold hers back. 

 His Secret Safe Spot had always been very important to him, but in this moment, being able to share his love with you here made this place so much more special to him.

Because now it had you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next chapters to be written: Another Nightmare x Reader (lemon)
Asylum Sans x Reader
Dust x Reader
Dream x Reader