🍋My Beautiful Swan (Rurik x Short, Ballet Reader)

Sorry you had to wait like, a whole year but hey, here ya go-

Requested by Meh_name_is_amelia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You peeked through the curtains at the semi large crowd that was waiting in the auditorium.
Today was your first show. You had been working forever on it but only one thing was on your mind as you searched the seats for someone.
Rurik.

Rurik was your best friend since you could remember and only 1 month ago, he became your first boyfriend.
Falling in love with your best friend sounded so cliche but everytime you think back to the moment he revealed he felt the same, you wouldn't have it any other way.

About to give up and check again in a few minutes, you turned around to leave only to see him come backstage through the door.

"(N/N)? Ya in here?" He called out gently, holding something behind his back.
You quickly ran up to greet him.

"I'm right here Rurik! I was worried you'd be late or something--" You quickly gave him a big hug.
He responded by laughing a little and ruffling your hair before kissing you on top of your head.

"Me? Be late to see my adorable little swan dance? I could never." He playfully called you.

you wouldn't have it any other way.

About to give up and check again in a few minutes, you turned around to leave only to see him come backstage through the door.

"(N/N)? Ya in here?" He called out gently, holding something behind his back.

You quickly ran up to greet him.

"I'm right here Rurik! I was worried you'd be late or something--" You quickly gave him a big hug.

He responded by laughing a little and ruffling your hair before kissing you on top of your head.

"Me? Be late to see my adorable little swan dance? I could never." He playfully called you. You puffed out your cheeks out at that but continued to hug him. He just loved teasing you.

"Hey, I've gotta preform in a bit so don't mess up my hair too much, you green giant." You answered to him with about as much playfulness as he had given you.

You both laughed for a moment until another one of the performers came by to shush you. The show was about to start.

"Well, suppose I'd better go take a seat so I can watch my beautiful little swan dance her heart out." He said, taking his hand that he had behind his back out and showing it to you for a moment.

"But first, I wanted to give you a little something." He added on as you looked at the item. It was a small (F/C) flower, the petals shimmering a little due to the light layer of glitter you saw was on them.

"Wow, it's really pretty." You awed a bit at it. Sure, it was a simple little flower with glitter but it was from Rurik. It just made it that much more special to you. You smiled wide as he went to tuck it into your hair.

"I knew you'd like it, now go do your best out there, love." He leaned down to kiss you lightly once he finished putting the flower in. You lightly kissed him back, the joy from it giving you plenty of motivation to do your best.

"I certainly will, thank you Rurik." You softly whispered to him after you pulled away. Your hand lightly traced over the flower in your hair, your other hand waving goodbye to him as he walked away.

A couple minutes after her left, it was time to preform. You took a deep breath and got into position behind the lowered curtain. The room on the other side of it falling almost dead silent just a few seconds before the curtain started to slowly rise.